|Romanized Name:||Wadō Ichimonji|
|English Name:||Wadō Ichimonji (Viz, FUNimation)
|Literal Meaning:||Straight Road of the Harmony|
|First Appearance:||Chapter 5; Episode 2|
|Owner(s):||Kuina → Roronoa Zoro|
The Wado Ichimonji is a sword of great personal importance to Roronoa Zoro, and it was once Kuina's and her family's sword. It is also one of the 21 O Wazamono grade swords. Upon Kuina's death, Zoro asked for it from her father.
The sword has a pure-white hilt with a circular hand-guard. The sheath is painted white and the type of the blade is suguha or straight blade.
It is described as "magnificent" by Tashigi when it catches her eye in Loguetown.
As one of the twenty-one finest katana in the world, Wado Ichimonji is a powerful blade when used by a competent swordsman. It is also quite durable, as shown when Dracule Mihawk's Yoru shattered two of Zoro's swords, this is the only one that did not break at all.
When used by Zoro, this sword is usually placed in his mouth for his Santoryu. Prior to the timeskip, when using his Ittoryu, Zoro usually used this sword. After the timeskip he seems to favor Shusui for his Ittoryu. Its toughness is further demonstrated by the fact that Zoro used it for his Ittoryu Iai: Shishi Sonson technique against Mr. 1, cutting through his steel body.
Translation and Dub IssuesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 11 Chapter 97 and Episode 49, Tashigi classifies Wado Ichimonji's grade and value.
- ↑ SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 13.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 6 Chapter 51 and Episode 24, Mihawk destroys Zoro's two swords in time.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 21 Chapter 195 (p. 19-21) and Episode 119, Zoro defeats Mr. 1 with Shishi Sonson.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 12 Chapter 100 (p. 10) and Episode 53, Tashigi declares to Zoro that she will take Wado Ichimonji from him.