Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Volume 62 is titled "Adventure on Fishman Island".
Cover and Volume IllustrationEditThe colored cover is pink, and the title logo is light blue (fading from white), dark blue, and gray. The author's name is written in dark blue.
On the front outside cover, Luffy stands in the center, with his excited gaze directed upward. To Luffy's right, from top to bottom, are Neptune, Chopper, Pappug, and Keimi. To his left, from top to bottom, are Megalo, a lovestruck Sanji, and Surume. Above him are the Medaka Mermaid Quintuplets with several colorful fish swimming over them. In the background is Fishman Island, with a rainbow and several mermaids from Mermaid Cafe.
Sanji (with Mero's smiling face in the background) and Keimi are featured on the spine, and the skull logo on the spine is colored hot pink.
For the volume illustration on page 3, Luffy happily poses with a piece of meat in his left hand.
- Due to this volume being published right after the Great East Japan Earthquake, there is a hidden alternate front cover for this volume that features an illustration (by the author) of the Straw Hat Pirates sending out words of encouragement to the earthquake victims.
Luffy: I'M DOING GREAT!!!!
Usopp, Franky, Sanji, Zoro, Chopper: How you're doing isn't important!!
Nami: Now it's our turn to support all of you!!
Bottom text: Fight!
(Translator's Note: The word "Fight!" means something along the lines of "You can do it!" in Japanese.)
(Translator's Note: Background text in image says "Great Mother!!!" and in Great Mother's speech bubble, it says "Do your homework!!")
- 604. Into the Depths (深層へ Shinsō e?): As the Thousand Sunny descends, Caribou attacks the Straw Hats but ends up facing them alone. After tying him up, the Straw Hats confront a kraken.
- 605. The Kraken and the Pirates (クラーケンと海賊 Kurāken to Kaizoku?): Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji battle the kraken and manage to free a shark from it ash the others descend to the Underworld of the Sea.
- 606. Adventure in the Ocean Depths (深海の冒険 Shinkai no Bōken?): The Straw Hats navigate the perilous ocean as they are confronted by Vander Decken. However, Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji arrived with the tamed kraken, now called Surume.
- 607. 10,000 Meters Under the Sea (海底1万m Kaitei Ichiman Mētoru?): The Straw Hats are sent plummeting to Fishman Island 10,000 meters below, where they meet the New Fishman Pirates.
- 608. Undersea Paradise (海底の楽園 Kaitei no Rakuen?): The crew enter Fishman Island but become separated; Luffy, Usopp, Sanji, and Chopper wake up in Keimi's apartment and learn about Fishman Island culture while the leader of the New Fishman Pirates orders the Straw Hats captured.
- 609. Adventure on Fishman Island (魚人島の冒険 Gyojintō no Bōken?): Luffy, Sanji, Usopp, and Chopper navigate Fishman Island and learn more about it, when Sanji's life becomes threatened due to blood loss.
- 610. Fortune-Teller Madame Shyarly (占い師マダムシャーリー Uranaishi Madamu Shārī?): Sanji is saved due to getting a blood transfusion, and the four Straw Hats meet up with Brook. Shyarly, the woman giving them shelter, foresees a man in a straw hat destroying the island.
- 611. Hody Jones (ホーディ・ジョーンズ Hōdi Jōnzu?): More New Fishman Pirates are shown as their leader, Hody Jones, declares his vision of fishmen supremacy. King Neptune invites the Straw Hats to his palace.
- 612. Brought by the Shark They Saved (助けたサメに連れられて Tasuketa Same ni Tsurerarete?): Caribou is unwittingly freed by some mermaids, and Luffy breaks away at the palace and unexpectedly meets the princess, Shirahoshi.
- 613. The Mermaid Princess in Hard-Shell Tower (硬殻塔の人魚姫 Kōkakutō no Ningyo Hime?): Luffy saves Shirahoshi and becomes friends with her as the Straw Hats thwart arrest by Neptune's guards. Meanwhile, Hody and Vander Decken form an alliance to take down Neptune.
- 614. What's Done is Done (やっちまったモンはしょうがねェ Yatchimatta Mon wa Shōganē?): The Straw Hats subdue Neptune and his guards as they negotiate with the three princes. Meanwhile, Luffy takes Shirahoshi out of her tower as it has been her dream to see the Sea Forest.
Number of fan-drawn SBS Headers featured: 6
- Oda acknowledges that the cover of Volume 61 is an homage to Volume 1.
- Killer eats stick-like foods with his mask on and drinks through a straw.
- Haki and Mantra are confirmed to be one and the same.
- The inspiration for Gray Terminal was Smokey Mountain in the Philippines.
- Shachi and Penguin's names are revealed.
- Sakazuki's Devil Fruit is revealed to be the Magu Magu no Mi.
- It is confirmed that Akainu gave Luffy the scar on his chest when he punched Luffy and Jinbe.
Usopp Gallery PiratesEdit
- Located on pages 176, 194 and 212-215.
- Total number of submissions featured: 39 (+1 mailing address poster)
Grand Prize: Shinozaki, Yuki [篠崎有貴] (Ehime, Japan)
- There is an original illustration of Luffy on page 7 of this volume.
- The inside front cover of this volume, along with Volume 15, Volume 19, Volume 38, Volume 52, and Volume 56, is completely different from the outside cover. It features an illustration by the author encouraging victims of the Great Easter Japan Earthquake.
- Because the alternate front cover of this volume was taken up by this illustration, the title logo for the series had to be moved to the back alternate cover of this volume; hence making this the first volume to not have the official One Piece logo printed on its alternate front cover.
- The easter egg series continues on the alternate back cover of this volume, with an unnamed easteregg and Pandaman being featured.
|← Previous Volume||Next Volume →|