|Romanized Name:||Biburu Kādo|
|Official English Name:||Vivre Card|
|First Appearance:||Chapter 157; Episode 101|
Vivre Cards, also known as "the paper of life" (命の紙 Inochi no Kami?), are a special form of paper made in the New World. A Vivre Card is made from part of a person’s fingernail which is then made into paper.
It is completely waterproof and fireproof, but can be torn and given to a cared person that one would be separated from. The torn piece will point to and move towards the largest piece of the Vivre Card (as shown with Rayleigh's card) while the largest piece will point towards the person the Vivre Card was designed from (as shown with Ace's card). However, if a Vivre Card begins to burn on its own, that means that the life of the person who gave the Vivre Card is vanishing.
List of Known Vivre CardsEdit
- Portgas D. Ace: The very first Vivre Card was received in Alabasta to help Luffy find his brother. It had diminished quite significantly due to Ace being captured and in danger of execution. Upon rescue from the execution scaffold, the card has been restored fully, but when Ace took a direct hit from Sakazuki through his stomach and died, the card turned completely to ashes.
- Lola's Mother: This card was received from Lola of the Rolling Pirates. She gives Nami a Vivre Card of her "momma" in case they need her assistance in the New World. Here the importance of the Vivre Card is fully explained.
- Silvers Rayleigh: After the trouble they caused on the Sabaody Archipelago, Rayleigh gives each member of the Straw Hat Pirates a Vivre Card to find him once their ship has been coated. Just before the Straw Hats leave Sabaody Archipelago for Fishman Island, Shakky gives them a Vivre Card.
- Zephyr: Ain uses a Vivre Card to find her sensei after he was sent flying away by the explosion that destroyed Firs Island.
- Byrnndi World: World left behind a Vivre Card for Boa Hancock to track him down after capturing her sisters as hostage.
Unknown Vivre CardsEdit
- After reaching Dressrosa, Trafalgar Law gave the Straw Hats a Vivre Card that will lead them to Zo in case something happens to him, Usopp and Robin on Green Bit.
- Shuzo and Momonga both use the Vivre Cards to track Panz Fry and the Straw Hat Pirates, a method Zephyr taught them.
Translation and Dub IssuesEdit
- "Vivre" is the French word for "to live".
- Some translations refer to it as "Biblicard", possibly due to its Japanese pronunciation "Biburukādo".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 50 Chapter 489 and Episode 381, Lola explains about Vivre Cards, and Ace's burning one indicates his life in danger.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 18 Chapter 157 and Episode 101, Ace gives Luffy his Vivre Card.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 51 Chapter 501 and Episode 395, Luffy sees Ace's Vivre Card burning more than ever.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 59 Chapter 574 and Episode 483, Ace's Vivre Card incinerates to nothingness upon his death.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 50 Chapter 489 and Episode 381, Lola gives Nami part of the Vivre Card for her "Momma".
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 52 Chapter 507 and Episode 400, Rayleigh gives some Vivre Cards of his to the Straw Hats.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 61 Chapter 600 and Episode 520, Shakuyaku gives the Straw Hats a Vivre Card.
- ↑ One Piece Movie 12, Ain uses a Vivre Card to track Zephyr down.
- ↑ One Piece Special — 3D2Y, World leaves behind a Vivre Card for Hancock.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 578, Shuzo and Momonga uses Vivre Cards to track down their targets.