From the Decks of the World Vol. 2 Newspapers reach the Strawhats' hometowns.
- Keimi: Pappug, help!
- Pappug: Keimi!
- Nami: Usopp, shoot that guard!
- Pappug: Just you wait Keimi, I'll save you..!
- Usopp: Hissatsu Midori Boshi, Devil!
The guard holding Keimi falls down and Keimi runs towards Pappug.
- Brook: You won't attack them!
Another guard is slashed, and Brook overtowers Keimi and Pappug, defendig their lives.
- Usopp: Hissatsu Midori Boshi, Black Eagle!
Two guards are shot and fall down the stairs.
- Zoro: You're pretty tough, for an old guy.
- Neptune: You're quite the strong one, for such a young guy.
- Zoro: Santoryuu, Tora Gari!
Neptune evades the attack and swipes his trident sideways towards Zoro. He jumps back.
- Zoro: Damn it. Santoryuu, Oni Giri!
Neptune blocks with his trident and suddenly starts using his fist.
- Neptune: You're too fast with swords... I'll take you with blunt force!
- Zoro: No way! Santoryuu, To Ro Nagashi!
Neptune takes the hit on the fist. He childishly puts his finger in his mouth.
- Zoro: What?
- Neptune: That hurt!
- Usopp: Is he serious?
Three guards jump slashingly toward Usopp, but...
- Nami: Usopp, duck! Cyclone Tempo!
Usopp ducks and sees Nami jumping over him, taking down the three guards.
- Brook: Keimi-chan, I'll take you out of here! Pappug, follow us. Usopp-kun, help me out!
- Usopp: Gotcha! Hissatsu Tenryuu Boshi!
- Nami: I'll follow you, Brook!
Nami and Brook lead Keimi and Pappug out, Usopp covers them.
- Neptune: You won't pass near here!
Neptune's trident blocks the exit.
- Usopp: Hissatsu, Midori Boshi Sargasso!
Neptune's arm is covered in seaweed and it pulls him towards the wall.
- Zoro: Santoryuu, Gazami Dori!
Neptunes trident is cut in two.
- Zoro: Santoryuu, Karasuma Gari!
- Neptune: Wait, no!
Neptune is cut in his chest, and he falls unconsious back to the wall.
- Zoro: Where'd did those two go to?
- Usopp: They escaped... We should go too!
- Zoro: You're right... Is Luffy still here?
- Usopp: Yeah, but he'll be fine on his own. Lets get out of here!
- Zoro: Hm.
Usopp goes down the stairs, Zoro walks into a room.
- Usopp: YOU'RE STILL BAD IN DIRECTIONS, AREN'T YOU? DUMBASS!
- Zoro: Hmm. Are you sure?
Zoro runs towards the stairs and together they leave behind the room full of unconscious guards.
- Shirahoshi: It's so beautiful out here! I've missed the smell of coral in the evening!
- Luffy: It smells great! You know what smells even better? Meat!
- Shirahoshi: You said you already ate before coming down here.
- Luffy: I'm hungry... I wish Sanji would be here to cook something.
- Shirahoshi: Sanji?
- Luffy: He's my nakama. He's the cook on my pirateship. He almost died today.
- Shirahoshi: What?! You should go see him!
- Luffy: I'm leading you, and you can't come...
- Shirahoshi: Why? What's wrong with me?
- Luffy: He'll bleed again and might be on the verge of death, again.
- MotL: Where's king Neptune?! His daughter is gone!
- Ammo Knight: He might be with those pirates! They attacked most of our guards.
- MotL: What?! What happened?!
- MotR: They probably attacked the pirates.
- MotL: Are they still fighting? We need to hurry!
- Ammo Knight: Yes sir!
- Neptune: Guards, help me get loose!
- MotL: Sir, where did the pirates go?
- Neptune: Prisoner Pirate Hunter broke out and his fellow crewmates escaped the palace!
Neptune is loose and stretches his arm.
- MotR: What happened to your trident?
- Neptune: Zori cut it, I'm sure my sons will arrive before they leave the palace.
- MotL: What? They're still inside?! We've gotta hurry!
- Decken: I can wait, I think. Bahohohoho!
Decken throws a spiked bat in the air.
- Decken: The princess will love me, I think.
- Jones: What? Why did you throw that away?
- Decken: I ate the Mato Mato no Mi, I'm a target fishman. Everything I touch becomes my target, and I won't be able to miss them. Bahohohoho!
- Dosun: Dosun dosun! That's why you put on that glove.
- Zeo: Sounds reasonable...
- Dosun: Boss, what are we waiting for?!
- Jones: Dosun, Ikaros. Get Hammond and the others. We'll head for Ryugu Palace when they're here!
- Dosun: Dosun dosun! Let's go Ikaros.
- Ikaros: Hmm...
Ikaros and Dosun leave the scene.
- Decken: Let me gather my crew, they're waiting outside Noah.
- Jones: Hurry up, partner.
- Decken: Alright.
Decken leaves the scene. Daruma and Zeo get up from the couch and stand next to Jones.
- Jones: Prepare the ship men! Zeo, Daruma, prepare to fight!
- ?: Strawhat Luffy!
- Shirahoshi: Huh?
Luffy turns around, and looks up to a cliff. Light makes his silhouette impossible to read.
- Luffy: Who are you?!
- ?: Don't be impatient! Let's meet at the mermaid café before nightfall! I need to speak to you!
- Shirahoshi: Do you know him, Luffy-san?
- Luffy: I remember that voice from somewhere...
The silhouette jumps out of view, and Luffy tries to catch up.
- Shirahoshi: Wait, Luffy-san! Don't leave me!
Luffy reflexative jumps back and sees a spiked bat going for Shirahoshi.
- Shirahoshi: Help!
- Luffy: Gomu Gomu no Ono!
Luffy knocks the bat into the water.
- Shirahoshi: Thank you, Luffy-san! You saved my life again!
- Luffy: I promised you to keep you from getting killed.
- Shirahoshi: Right, fufufu.
-scene change: Mermaid Café-
- Sanji: I'm glad we've gone shopping, I can finally make diner for us two.
- Chopper: I hope we see Robin of Brook fast!
- Sanji: Haaah Robin-chwaan!
- Chopper: YOU NEVER CHANGE, DO YOU? PERVERT!
- ?: You really know how to compliment a guy!
- Chopper: Huh? Who's that?
- Sanji: Franky! Are you alright? Where are Nami-swan and Robin-chwan?! Tell me!!
- Franky: I don't know, but Robin went her way and Nami the other.
- Chopper: What were you doing?
Suddenly, an explosion causes a smoke- and airblow at the back of the Mermaid Café.
- Shirahoshi: Wow, that mace was really close!
- Luffy: That guy throwing them ia real annoyance!
- Franky: Strawhat! You almost killed us!
- Luffy: Ah. Sorry Franky. Sanji! How're you doing.
Sanji keeps two fingers in his nose.
- Chopper: He can't speak, he'll cough up blood!
- Luffy: That's right, princess. You should get back!
- Chopper: Is that the Mermaid Princess?! How did you get to meet her?!
- Luffy: We crossed paths...
- Sanji: LLUUUUFFFFYYYYYYY!!!!
- Usopp: There are the Brook and Nami!
- Nami: Hm? Brook, we've got company.
- Brook: Great, we're all getting out now!
- Nami: Pappug, do you remember the way out? You come here more often, right?
- Brook: Well, Pap-
- Pappug: Ssssssh Bones. Sure, we need to go left here.
- Usopp: Zoro-kun, let's head left.
Zoro goes right, Usopp slaps his head and scolds him for his poor sense of direction.
- Keimi: Nami-chin, I see the main gate!
- Pappug: -wow, what luck!-
- Nami: Just down these stairs...
- Brook: Keimi-san, I can't carry you anymore...
- Keimi: I'll walk this part myself!
- Nami: Wait, Keimi-chan, we need to wait for the other two!
- Zoro: Lets go.
- Usopp: I hear voices upstairs! They're following us!
- Zoro: If you keep running, they won't catch you!
- Usopp: Nami! Keep going, they're after us!
- Nami: What? Neptune is following us, Brook. You need to carry Keimi further!
Usopp and Zoro catch up.
- Usopp: Keimi, get on my back!
- Zoro: Hmf.
- Brook: The gate! How do we open it?!
- Pappug: We need the key!
- Zoro: Where do we get it?
The door comes flying in, everybody ducks. Zoro cuts the door coming at him in half.
- Usopp: Who's there?!
- Neptune: Sons!
- Fukaboshi: We're here to catch the Strawhat Pirates!