Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hey everyone, Shinjojin here!
I'm very sorry for being gone for soooo long without posting any new Rokushiki Robin updates on this site. I have been dealing with RL situations from bed bug problems to constant fatigue from the amount of hard work that I've been doing at my job, along with just being very hesitant to post any more blogs here with the fear of it being deleted just because it’s not about the latest chapter or episode of one piece. But I decided to be brave enough to post what’s been going on with the project over the past six months since i believe that you guys deserve to be up to date about it. :)
Anway, a whopping 23 new techniques have been added to the project movelist with 15 in the Shigan section, 4 in the Geppo section, 1 in the Soru section, and 3 in the Rankyaku section, along with some new concept sketches drawn by me! Next, I have added three new illustrations by Sturmir has been added for the following technique: Ran-Tsuru, Kaika Shigan Kenpo “Chouren Soku”, and Tetsuhana “Tsuru Rariatto"! And finally, after some reconsideration, Akkym and I have decided to reboot the Robin: Rokushiki Demon doujin in order to make it better than before and you can find the first three pages of it below!
First, the 23 new techniques!!
- Kaika Kamisori “Ensnaring web” (N)(M)(RC) - A Kamisori variation of Kaika Soru konran where all Robins move around the target(s) with Kamisori or Kaika Kamisori simultaneously. The constant zigzagging and blurring of all the ongoing super fast movements of all the Robins makes it look like they are entrapping the targets in what looks like a blurry sphere or dome made of webbing.
- Balle fleur “Iron Maiden” (N)(M)(H)(T)(OB) - After executing either Tetsuhana/Kongouhana “Kyubu”, “Sufia”, or “KouDomu" on the opponent to entrap them, Robin begins to sprout multiple arms/hands inside the trap which all, by her command, either execute shigan continuously one after the other or all at once simultaneously, killing the target inside. This technique is based off of a famous (and possibly fictional) trap/torture device that goes by the same name.
- Kaika Rankyaku "Razor trap”(N)(M)(H)(OB) - Same as Balle fleur “Iron Maiden”, only with sprouted legs using Rankyaku instead of sprouted arms using Shigan, along with only being executed after activating Tetsuhana/Kongouhana “Koudomu” or “Kyodomu” only. This is based off of various blade traps that have been seen in different forms of fiction.
- Kaika Geppo “Rocket Twist” (Temporary name)(M)(N)(OAB) - It’s basically a unique Rokushiki-style twist on “Twist”, another famous technique used by Robin in the canon (where she twists the target’ upper body, breaking it), only that this version is for large enemies who are too strong for the user to budge; thus can not be twisted easily due to their high resistance and endurance. This starts off with the user grabbing the large target’s arms with two large arms (ie Manos) made out of many limbs (all bloomed out of the enemy’s waist like how a usual “twist” submission starts) and blooms a group of legs out of the elbow of one of the arms (or two groups of legs out of the arms with one group on each arms) and at the same time, the legs use Kaika Geppo to kick off the air horizontally to accelerate the arm as they’re rotating the enemy’s upper body, making the twist technique a lot more deadly than before. Think of this technique as one or two rockets attached to a rotatable object, one that is so jammed that it can’t be budged normally. However thanks to the rocket’s pushing force after blasting off, the object finally loosens up and turns. I believe that alone should give you an idea of how the technique looks like as well as how devastating it is (And how gruesome this technique is if used on a weaker target).
- Ran-Tsuru (Storm Vine)(OB)(N)(C)- An alternate variation of Rankyaku that instead of using legs, Robin unleashes air blades using a variation of Slalom Vine, be that variation be in the form of a sword or a whip. (Credit goes to calgaras from Tumblr)
- Kaika Geppo “Tekkai Kyanon” (Iron Mass Cannon) (H)(M)(OB)(C) - A powerful technique that is a little similar to Fukuro's Soru: Tekkai Dama attack. Right after executing Kaika Geppo (using 6 or 8 sprouted legs) to blast herself towards her target like a projectile, Robin immediately curls up into a ball and hardens her entire body with Tekkai to become like an iron cannon ball before smashing into her target. This technique can also be utilized with Busoshoku koka instead (Shin Kyanon) or with both Tekkai and Busoshoku Koka combined (Ultimate Kyanon). This attack was based on various lunging cannonball attacks from various forms of media including Blanka's Rolling attack from the Street fighter series and Kano's Cannonball from the Mortal Kombat series.
- Treinta Balle Fleur “Yamārashi” (Porcupine) (N)(T)(OB)(C) - Similar to Saboten (Cactus), only that Robin sprouts over 30 arms out of her back that pierces all enemies behind her if they get too close.
- Cuarenta Balle Fleur “Harinezumi” (Hedgehog) (N)(T)(OB)(C) - As she curls into a “ball” during a forward jump, over 40 arms bloom out of her body, piercing all enemies in close.
- Kaika Rankyaku “Harinezumi Buzzsaw” (Hedgehog buzzsaw) (N)(H)(M)(OB)(C) - While curling up like a ball form in the air, Robin sprouts at least 6 or 8 legs out of her body in a circular form and unleashes Rankyaku while her body is still spinning at high speed, thus resulting her into becoming like an aerial buzzsaw!
- Kaika Shigan Kenpo “Hōkiri” (Cannon Drill)(N)(M)(OB)(H)(C) - A very deadly technique where Robin starts off by spinning her body very fast with Soru (almost similar to the way Fukuoro does while he was preparing to use Tekkai Dama ) while simultaneously sprouting multiple fingers out of her hand until they form a drill. Then, right before heading towards her target, she, while still spinning, quickly lifts her feet off the ground (position herself in a lunging pose) and immediately sprouts 4 or 6 legs out of her lower body in a circular pattern and have them quickly kick off the air behind her (i.e. using Kaika Geppo) right before the legs vanish instantly afterwards, resulting in blasting herself off towards her target like a cannon at great speeds with her sticking her drill-shaped hand out ahead of her while she herself is still spinning in a drill-like motion (go here for a visual demonstration of the process), striking him/her with it the moment she finally reaches her/him. This technique was designed and inspired after various flying spinning/drill-like attacks from various fighting games and other forms of media, including the Psycho Crusher used by M.Bison from the Street Fighter series and the Bloody Spin used by Laurence Blood from the Fatal Fury series. The name “Hōkiri”, or at least the english translation of it, is a direct reference to a secondary name of the Spiral Arrow, an attack used by Cammy White who is also from the Street Fighter series.
- Kaika Shigan Kenpo “Suishin Hōkiri” (Propelling Cannon Drill) (N)(M)(OB)(H)(C) - A more powerful version of Hōkiri, only that during the technique, Robin sprouts 2 to 4 legs out of the sides of her waist while still spinning, creating a rotating Kaika Rankyaku defense in a similar fashion to Kaku’s Neji Hakujin in order to protect the lower half of her body while the Hōkiri technique is still in motion. Not only that, this ‘Kaika Rankyaku’ addition also sort of acts like a propeller, which in turn increases the traveling speed of the technique through acceleration!
- Kaika Shigan Kenpo “Geppū/Gekko Hōkiri” (Moonblast/Moonlight Cannon Drill) (N)(M)(OB)(H)(C) - An aerial version of Hōkiri where Robin utilizes Geppo with her Soru movements simultaneously at the "Spinning body with Soru" part in order to use the attack in mid air, whether it be forward, upward, or downward.
- Kaika Shigan Kenpo “Geppū/Gekko Suishin Hōkiri” (Moonblast/Moonlight Propelling Cannon Drill) (N)(M)(OB)(H)(C) - An aerial version of Suishin Hōkiri where Robin utilizes Geppo with her Soru movements simultaneously in order to use the attack in mid air.
- Cho Hōkiri (Super Cannon Drill) (M)(OB)(H) - A more powerful version of Hōkiri, only that she uses either Kaika Soru: Senkou instead of a normal Soru in order to spin herself a LOT faster or Kaika Geppo: Hakpa instead of the usual six-legged variation of Kaika Geppo in order to project (or blast) herself towards her target at even FAR greater speeds and momentum, with either way both resulting in making the technique a lot more faster and stronger (along with travelling at further distances if using the Kaika Geppo Hakpa variant).0
- Cho Suishin Hōkiri (Super propelling Cannon Drill) (M)(OB)(H) - Another more powerful version of Suishin Hōkiri, only that she uses either Kaika Soru: Senkou instead of a normal Soru in order to spin herself a LOT faster or Kaika Geppo: Hakpa instead of the usual six-legged variation of Kaika Geppo in order to project (or blast) herself towards her target at even FAR greater speeds and momentum, with either way both resulting in making the technique a lot more faster and stronger (along with traveling to further distances if using the Kaika Geppo Hakpa variant).
- Chokou Hōkiri (Ultra Cannon Drill) (M)(OB)(H) - An even FAR more powerful version of Hōkiri, only that Robin uses BOTH Kaika Soru: Senkou to spin herself at godlike speed AND Kaika Geppo: Hakpa to project herself towards her target at even further levels of speed, momentum and distances, making the entire technique so insanely powerful and fast that it’s almost impossible to avoid or defend against.
- Cho Suishin Hōkiri (Ultra Propelling Cannon Drill) (M)(OB)(H) - An even FAR more powerful version of Suishin Hōkiri, only that Robin uses BOTH Kaika Soru: Senkou to spin herself at godlike speed AND Kaika Geppo: Hakpa to project herself towards her target at even further levels of speed and momentum, all while sprouting SIX legs out of all sides of her waist while still spinning, creating a far more incredible rotating Kaika Rankyaku defense, making the entire technique so insanely powerful and fast that it’s almost impossible to avoid or defend against.
- Cho Geppū/Gekko Hōkiri (Super Moonblast/Moonlight Cannon Drill) (M)(OB)(H) - An aerial version of Cho Hōkiri that uses utilizes Geppo with either her Soru or Kaika Soru Senkou movements simultaneously in order to use the attack in midair.
- Cho Geppū/Gekko Suishin Hōkiri (Super Moonblast/Moonlight Propelling Cannon Drill) (M)(OB)(H) - An aerial version of Cho Suishin Hōkiri that uses utilizes Geppo with either her Soru or Kaika Soru Senkou movements simultaneously in order to use the attack in midair.
- Chokou Geppū/Gekko Hōkiri (Ultra Moonblast/Moonlight Cannon Drill) (M)(OB)(H) - An aerial version of Chokou Hōkiri that uses utilizes Geppo with her Kaika Soru Senkou movements simultaneously to use the attack in midair.
- Chokou Geppū/Gekko Suishin Hōkiri (Ultra Moonblast/Moonlight propelling Cannon Drill) (M)(OB)(H) - An aerial version of Chokou Suishin Hōkiri that uses utilizes Geppo with her Kaika Soru Senkou movements simultaneously to use the attack in midair.
- Kaika Geppo “Pinball Clutch” (N)(M)(OAB)(H) - A combination of Pinbooru (Pinball) and Gekko Kurutchi (Moonlight Clutch). Like Moonlight clutch, this technique also revolves around catching an airborne victim in a clutch hold, only that instead of using Kaika Geppo once to launch him towards the ground crashing, she, after sprouting a couple more pairs of arms behind him (one pair out the back of his legs and another pair out the back of his shoulders) and have them hold hands to make him look like a “ball” of sorts, constantly uses Kaika Geppo to bounce him around the air like a pinball until his body is completely messed up due to each bone breaking per bounce. This technique is best used for enemies who’s physical superhuman endurance are so great that a regular clutch or other normal hana hana enhanced submissions are ineffective against them.
- Kaika Geppo “Pinball Spider Clutch” (N)(M)(OAB)(OB)(H)(C) - After grabbing the enemy high in the air from behind, She sprouts four more legs (all of them hold his lower body) and several arms (all hiding his upper body), then uses Kaika Geppo to bounce her and her target around in the air like a pinball, breaking more and more bones per bounce.
And now before we go further, I would like to go over some the sketches that i drew for both the Hokiri and Suishin Hokiri attacks. Over the past few months, i have slowly been taking my time with these since i want to get them as right as i can with my art skills being below average and all (plus i work much better as a slooooow artist).
In this sketch, I tried drawing an actual drill and then used it as a template to design the “Hana drill” next to it in order to get an idea of how I want the technique to look like. I will admit that this part of the technique was heavily inspired by an anime called Gurren Lagann which I've been a fan of for the last couple of years. It's quite an awesome mech anime IMO! :D
This sketch shows how the hand drill is formed step by step. As hands are one of the few body parts that i’m REALLY bad at drawing, this part was fucking pain in the ass to get down right.
This concept sketch shows the hand drill in both front view and back view. Very difficult for me to do and i hope to make a better version of this sketch in the future.
As I have said before in the description of the technique, this was inspired by various flying spinning attacks from various fighting games, including the one that I'm a huge fan of since I was a kid, which led me to coming up with this technique. However, I had to use some existing sprites of two of them (both the Psycho Crusher and the Bloody Spin) as bases for this sketch since it makes it a lot easier for me to draw it, as well as to get a good idea of what I want this attack to look like.
Now for the concept sketches of Suishin Hokiri:
As you can see, i had the sprouted legs bloomed out of both sides of her waist for proper efficiency. I originally intended for the legs to be sprouted out of her normal legs but it didn’t look right to me after i drew it, plus i didn’t think that they would make a proper solid surface for them since it would require having to keep both legs closed together throughout the entire attack which might be quite a pain for the user to do.
Here’s a sketch that shows various numbers of legs that can be used in the Kaika Rankyaku part of the technique, going from two to up to four legs. The more legs used, the greater the Rankyaku defense. :)
Now we move on to the three illustrations drawn by the very talented Sturmir!
Ran-Tsuru (Storm Vine):
Kaika Shigan Kenpo “Chouren Soku” (Blooming Finger gun/pistol style “Ultimate Lotus Bouquet”)* , with both normal and Busoshoku Haki versions:
Tetsuhana “Tsuru Rariatto” (Iron Flower “Vine Clothesline/Lariat”):
And finally, the first three pages of the reboot of the Robin: The Rokushiki Demon fan manga by my friend, Akkym. The reason we are restarting this is because of the recent events of the Dressrosa arc at the time when we were talking about it back in May, along with wanting to make the fight between Robin and Doflamingo a bit more even and believable while at the same time wanting to better show off the great combined usage of Rokushiki and her DF powers. :)
Page 4 will be coming soon!!
Well guys, that is all for now! Consider this a belated Christmas gift to all of the OPwiki members who are fans of the Nico Robin: Rokushiki Style project, especially those who have been following the project from the very beginning!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, everyone! ;)
Edit: Sorry about how some of the pics looked cropped in desktop view. I don't why they came out like that. So until I find out why it keeps doing that, I've added links to the full versions of them just in case.