November 12 PostEdit
Decided to focus most editing at onepiece.wikkii.net, a wiki that is not hosted by wikia. Moved due to forced Oasis skin. Will still provide admin services here if needed however may completely leave altogether. While onepiece.wikkii.net is still in developement, check it out though.Mugiwara Franky 09:49, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
April 13 PostEdit
Little opinions on things on the wikia so far without me:
- Too many needless arguments that have been brought up such as some conjectural titles and infobox pic arguments. Some of them give the feeling of driving people away rather than staying. It's not they're mean or anything. It's just they focus too much on arguing than giving people an environment where they can enjoy reading and contributing.
- Look of the wikia has really gone abit downhill for my taste. Overall Site look hasn't changed much. Article pages in some parts however have gone downhill in quality. Color consistency and other areas look too unprofessional if not too fansite-like. Even some lines look a bit too speculative if read carefully.
- Being still popular with people regardless of aesthetic choices, it still provides up to date info by many devoted One Piece fans.
Overall, the site still provides good info but some areas have probably become abit too unfriendly, as unfriendly as Wikipedia, and too unprofessional for editors used to stuff prior to the overall change by the Wikia staff.Mugiwara Franky 16:00, April 13, 2011 (UTC)
After being away for quite some time. Alot of stuff added so far without me are really pushing it. Here are some of my recent opinions. Parts of it may sound harsh but they are my opinions. Also these opinions are based on some forums and some areas.
- Too may new contributors who disregard previous rules and discussions set by the founders of the wikia. Its okay to set new rules and design new things especially when the founders aren't around or not even bothering to help, but some consideration for how things were done in the past really needs to be addressed. Past maybe the past but that doesn't mean it should be completely disregarded.
- Too much reliance on the voting system. Democracy is a good idea but not necessarily applicable in every area. While I've haven't read every forum or every argument in a forum, alot of decisions seem to be based merely on votes rather than arguments. That's at least from my perspective.
I am sorry for these opinions especially since it appears the other site is no better considering its rather lonely, but those are my view.Mugiwara Franky 11:24, September 6, 2011 (UTC)