The Torino Kingdom is an island in the South Blue that some call the "Isle of Treasure". It is a relatively small island with a huge tree growing in the middle of it. Tony Tony Chopper was sent here by Bartholomew Kuma during the events in the Sabaody Archipelago Arc. He spent two years here in order to train.
The human inhabitants of the Torino Kingdom have so far been shown as overweight people dressed only in grass skirts with knotted black hair, seemingly having the stereotypical caveman intelligence. Some bear an eye tattoo symbol on either of their upper arms and all adults seem wear a simple necklace. Despite this, it has been revealed that they have a vast library of books about different herbs and their medicinal purposes as well as weapons that suggest a mechanical nature. This implies that they have an advanced culture and perhaps a higher intelligence than what was initially presumed. All of them are extremely short, only being about twice as tall as Tony Tony Chopper's hybrid form. The only named inhabitant of the island is Shanba.
The natives of the island were ruled by the gigantic birds that live in the tree above. Chopper was sent flying here by Bartholomew Kuma from the Sabaody Archipelago. Chopper was then seen running from several natives, who were trying to catch him for food.
Eventually, Chopper came to good terms with the natives and resolved the conflict between them and the giant birds. After receiving Luffy's secret message, Chopper stayed on the island for the next two years to train.
- The kingdom's Japanese name, Torino Ōkoku, is a play on Tori no Ōkoku (鳥の王国?), which means "Bird Kingdom".
- Torino is the local name of the northern Italian city of Turin.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 54 Chapter 524 and Episode 419, the Torino Kingdom is introduced.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 57 Chapter 552, cover story: Straw Hat's Separation Serial #5 Vol. 1 and Episode 454, the inhabitants of Torino Kingdom are seen pursuing Chopper.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 82 Chapter 820.