Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tilestone is one of the three foremen of Dock One of the Galley-La Company in Water 7. Tilestone is the last of the foremen to be formally introduced in the story, although he is present from the first scene Galley-La is shown in. His specialties are cabinetry, caulking, and flag making.
Tilestone is a very large man. He has brown hair tied in a ponytail on the back, and a light-brown beard. He has a tattoo going from his chest near his shoulder to his arm with the kanji for "shipwright" (船大工 funadaiku?), although oftentimes only the first kanji, which means "ship", can be seen. He wears a pair of crimson elbow-pads, knee-long pants and standard shoes. During the attack on Enies Lobby, he had a cartridge belt over the right leg and carried a big firearm held up by another belt on his back.
Tilestone yells everything he says, even if the situation calls for speaking quietly. While his fellow co-workers try to accommodate this particular trait of his, Tilestone himself however seems somewhat unaware of his constant yelling.
Because of Tilestone's inability to speak normally, he can be a bother to his fellow co-workers. They however understand his inability and even though they yell at him constantly to be quieter especially in situations that require it, they also seem to try to accommodate it. However, sometimes his constant shouting can really get on their nerves.
Like most of the Galley-La company and the rest of Water 7, Tilestone has a great respect and deep loyalty for Iceburg. He would do anything to protect the hero that saved his home from destitution.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Tilestone is a skilled shipwright. He also has exceptional strength that not only aids him in his occupation but also in battle. As a foreman of Dock One, Tilestone has some authority over the fellow shipwrights under his jurisdiction.
In battle, he typically fights with either a large hammer or some sort of huge, hand-held cannon.
- Demi Cannon (デミ・キャノン Demi Kyanon?): Tilestone shoots a "Demi Cannon" destined for ships as a hand cannon. A "Demi Cannon" is a cannon, normally forged out of bronze and installed on ships, that uses 32 pound ammunition, a "Full Cannon" uses 42 pound ammunition.
- Ryukotsu Ori (竜骨折り Ryūkotsu Ori?, literally meaning "Keel Crusher"): Tilestone grabs a few enemies between his arms to crush them with a strong bearhug. In the FUNimation dub, this is called Keel Breaker.
- Trunnel Lock (木釘（トレンネル）ロック Toren'neru Rokku?, literally meaning "Wooden Peg Lock"): A combined attack with Lulu. Tilestone uses his superhuman strength to manually nail some pegs onto any surface while Lulu comes from behind him fixing them with a hammer. "Trunnel" is the name of the wooden pegs they use. In the FUNimation dub, this is called Machine Nail Lock.
- Senkan Ho (戦艦砲 Senkan Hō?, literally meaning "Warship Cannon"): Using the same cannon he used for "Demi Canon", Tilestone fires a more powerful blast.
Water 7 SagaEdit
Water 7 ArcEdit
Tilestone first appeared (albeit not officially) when Mikazuki's crew refused to pay for the repairs to their ship, which the Galley-La workers responded to by beating the entire crew senseless. Later, after the assassination attempt on Iceburg, Tilestone was seen chasing away some reporters wanting to know who the culprits were.
His official introduction occurred after Iceburg revealed the identities of the assassins, where he told the foremen, Kalifa and Iceburg that Franky and Luffy were fighting in the Number One Dock. The foremen then fought against Luffy and (to a lesser extent) Franky. It must be noted that Tilestone also knocked Franky away from the site of the battle so the foremen could fight against Luffy for his crimes (as Nico Robin, one of the assassins, was part of Luffy's crew). However, due to the intervention of Franky, Luffy escaped.
That night, all five foremen sat outside Iceburg's room in order to protect him from any further assassination attempts. After Paulie was told by Kalifa that Iceburg wanted to see him, Tilestone foolishly believed that Iceburg wanted to say his last words (which rewarded him with punches and kicks form the rest of the Galley-La foremen). Later, as CP9 starts the attack on Iceburg's mansion, Tilestone and Peeply Lulu both stormed away to face the intruders, leaving Kaku and Lucci by themselves.
However, later on, several shipwrights told Tilestone that an assassin was sitting right outside of Iceburg's room, with the fallen bodies of Lucci and Kaku next to him. Angered at the sight of his fallen co-workers and fearing for Iceburg's safety, Tilestone attacked the assassin with a giant hammer, but the assassin hardened his own skin to the point that the hammer was crushed on impact. Wondering how the assassin could be stronger than him, Tilestone was hit with an immensely powerful punch from the assassin, knocking him out in one blow.
Enies Lobby ArcEdit
Later on, Tilestone and Lulu accompanied Paulie, the Franky Family and the Straw Hats to Enies Lobby, where CP9 took Franky and Nico Robin. There, the two remaining foremen learned that the true assassins were, in fact, their own allies Kaku, Lucci, Kalifa, and Blueno; this fact shocked both of them (Tilestone and Lulu had both been knocked out by Blueno and Kalifa respectively, and so never learned that Lucci and Kaku never actually were killed, nor that they were working with the Government). Tilestone and Lulu originally believed the assassins to be Michael and Hoichael from the Water 7 Backstreets.
On Enies Lobby, Tilestone proves to be a valuable fighter, managing to bearhug several Marines into submission at once. He helps with defeating Oimo and Kashi, and helps Paulie and Lulu hold off the canine units of Enies Lobby's forces until the Straw Hat's arrive with the newly-converted giants.
Post Enies Lobby ArcEdit
After the events at Enies Lobby, Tilestone, along with the remaining foremen and Iceburg, all helped Franky build a new ship for the Straw Hat Pirates.
From the Decks of the WorldEdit
Tilestone is seen after the timeskip celebrating the completion of Puffing Ice with the other Galley-La employees.
From the Decks of the World: the 500,000,000 Man ArcEdit
When Franky's new wanted poster reached Water 7, Tilestone looked at it with a shocked expression.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 34 Chapter 323 (p. 18) and Episode 230, Tilestone is seen amongst his fellow shipwrights.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 35 Chapter 336 (p. 12) and Episode 238, Tilestone is introduced.
- ↑ One Piece Blue Deep: Characters World (p. 102), Tilestone's birthday is given.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 34 Chapter 327 and Episode 232, Tilestone using a Demi Cannon.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 81 Chapter 816.