Ok with the most recent chapter (515), and the mention of Lola's mother being a strong pirate in the new world, along with the risky brothers mention of her beauty and calling her an Empress.
Theory 1: It has to be theorized that Hancock must be the at least considered as the final Yonkou. I'm not theorizing myself rather, I'm just stating that it should begin to be discussed considering the fact that Luffy has talked with an Amazon about it, and we will be meeting her in the near future, since her ship was mentioned in 515 as beginning to approach the Amazons home island. All of this points to her as the final Yonkou or at least opened to discussion.
Theory 2: I also wanted to pose a second possible theory. Her name, Boa Hancock, could be relating ot her using snakes as weapons in some way or that she relates to snakes by either looking like one, or wearing something like one. Or even having a certain feature that makes her resemble a snake in some way. Thus, I'm opening the possibility that she also, if not a Yonkou, is the last unseen Shichibukai.
Please don't erase these as they're simply theories for now. I'm not predicting anything. I'm merely stating what has happened and placing it in line of what what happen or what she might be.
- Not a forum in which we can discuss theories: Try OPHQ or Arlong Park forums. --One-Winged Hawk 07:46, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
- Point noted. However, I was listing them in order to get you to realize and open up to the possibility of considering her name as a Yonkou or Shichibukai member(s). That's why I listed them.
- If she is Yonkou, Luffy's in the New World. Doubt it, so Luffy's still in the first half and she can't be Yonkou. Until she is confirmed to be with whoever, we just can't add them, or consider it. Thats how it works. Other then Mythbusters page, which she is already on. :-( --One-Winged Hawk 08:02, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
All this theory is jsut plain wrong, because handcock has been confirmed to be one of the seven warlord of the sea. so it is very inpossible that she isa yonkou. Also there is only four yonkou and all is male.
- Everything regarding Lola's "Momma" is speculation at this point. Considering that Nami is the one with that Biblicard and was mentioned separately from Boa Hancock, I don't think it's her. Whatever is revealed will be revealed in due time but we shouldn't just throw mindless speculation out there on a Wiki. -StrangerAtaru 13:11, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
SHE CANT BE A YONKOU. SHE'S A SHICKIBUKAI!!!
Oh, she's a Shichibukai, her theme is a snake, devil fruit: turns people to stone, like Medusa--Thenewjericho 05:02, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
- thank you for proving my edits 18.104.22.168
- IT still doesn't change the fact we can't post it until the chapters out. :-/
- And please... Sign your name with ~~~~. --One-Winged Hawk 19:53, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
- yeah, we are gonna post it tomorrow--Thenewjericho 22:04, 25 September 2008 (UTC)
LEARN HOW TO EDIT THE FUCKING PAGE!!!! Edit
I just fixed 2 sentence errors and a misspelling in the Medusa based article in Boa Hancock's page. I'm tired of fixing these mistakes. I'm not a moderator nor am I a Wiki regular enough to care to fix them that often. But it's beginning to bug the fuck out of me.
Damn, look, don't edit here anymore if you can't control your stinking attitude. I have came across many mistakes I find but do you see me go "OMG Edit the fucking page right!!"? No I simply go "no, not that" and fix it but gods man, your attitude is so horrible, don't bother coming back.
Joekido 01:58, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- I didn't actually know that you have dyslexia or that it was that big of a problem of how I acted about the problem to begin with. If i came off as mean I'm sorry, but this is being shown to the world, not one country, the world. We should take some pride creating the pages that people read because we're the source for One Piece facts, so we should should make sure our facts our right and properly written. Plus, are we not all over 18 or something? Don't we all know basic English grammar skills? Why am I the only one who has a problem with improper spelling? Plus, I don't feel like I can enjoy it as much, if instead of just reading about a character, I have to go through (like a factory worker or something) and correct faults that people have lazily made. Last but not least. Do you people not see what letters you're hitting on the keyboard? Look down once and while and maybe you'll see whats going on the screen before it happens. That way we won't have these mistakes to begin with. And for gods sake people, if it has a little red line under it, it and it's a common word in English or you know the spelling, go back and scan your page real quick. I assume we've all been taught basic page editing skills? Once again I apologize for the rant, but other people egged me on. Sorry
- I'm pretty sure everyone who edits here knows what they're writing when they're writing. As for the "Red Line" that commonly appears when you make a mistake, I'm not sure but I think there are some computers and computer programs that don't have it.Mugiwara Franky 05:55, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- Um well that's great about everyone knowing what they're writing. But, the red line thing, is built in to the web page that your typing into at the moment. So any person typing anything on this Wikipedia, should have any problem seeing it when a grammatical error is made. So don't give me that bullshit by trying to stick up for them.
If you don't like fixing one of the simplest of errors; why are you here? Because what editors DO is correct things and add new things to the page. You can't whine because we all have to correct each others mistakes, be it spelling or otherwise. As for 18 years old and over not being to spell... Well over 10% of all PEOPLE in the world are Dyslexic. And this covers all ages, so not every adult will be expected to be perfect. Though I know only that I am dyslexic and so I'm left in the dark wondering if others are whenever I do edit. I also view it that I should be correctly my own spelling, others should be correcting mine, but I should never be correct others spelling. In fact I feel that it lets the non-dyslexic side down and its rather embarrassing when I have to correct someone else over such things.
May I also correct you: We're a wikia and while we use the same wiki system, we're not part of wikipedia, we're independent. The reason why you don't see that many mistakes on wikipedia is because THOUSANDS edit there EVERY DAY! Here we have about ten editors on a day monitoring over 2,000 articles. And don't give any form of crap as a response about wikipedia standards, I was an editor there; I saw a lot of bad editing in my days there, worst then here. Before you start ranting and raving I suggest you go to wikipedia and become a regular there, monitor about thirty pages and after 1 year, come back to me and tell me what you saw because I know what I saw there. You don't see the sloppiness on wikipedia if you visit a page once or twice, but stick with one of the regularly editing pages for a long time and you'll see things that will melt your eyes off.
And an important note; If you don't like editing spelling, there are many other forms of editing you can do. Hell... You don't have to even edit at all, no one is commiting you t do more then any other editor.
- There are a lot of pages with references missing here and there. You know how to read manga don't you? Go to onemanga.com and read some chapters. Get those refs on pages. No spelling involved unless you WANT to do it at the same time. Just looking up what others have written and finding out when it happened, if at all.
- Tired of spelling; Learn encoding and get templates done.
- Also; check out the "Special Pages" and get some general monitoring done. Double redirects, for example, they might need sorting, dead end pages...Orphaned pages.
- Another option; we have 500 chapters of which only about 50 are written up. Want a break from spelling correction; Get those 450+ done that need doing! And lets not even discuss episodes because I don't even think there's more than ten done.
- Anti-vandalism duties; we get a vandal on every few days, if you don't like editing spelling then just stick to major vandals alert, or failing that between Monday-Thursday; Spoiler leaks.
- Picture uploader. Find some text, if theres room, put a picture there. Or failing that, suitable quotes to put on a page.
There you go a bunch of other peoples' spelling avoiding edits and all you can do independently at your own rate. Seriously... Before you rant and rave about how tired you are of correcting spelling, look at your other options and see if you can edit without having to put up with it. I've got a few more, but this is a big enough list anyway. ^_- --One-Winged Hawk 07:46, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
"Insert image of Joker from Dark Knight clapping" well said Angel, well said. If your tired of correcting something Dant, do something that Angel just listed and stop complaining.
Joekido 09:25, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- I give up. The battle and war are yours. I just, I give up.
- There was never a battle nor a war so no one won. But in the end the choice is yours, if you wish to continue correcting spellings, then go ahead but stop complaining as its something we all have to do. If you wish to avoid it, the ways of doing so have been presented in front of you. On every wiki is MANY things one can do; you don't have to take the obvious route but all we ask is that you don't constanly whine about whatever editing you do. --One-Winged Hawk 07:59, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Falcon Punch!!!!--Thenewjericho 00:18, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
Just to make sure Edit
"She is also the only female member of the Shichibukai" Are we absolutely certain that Jinbei is male? Are You Serious 03:27, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- Yeps. Its been stated since... Arlong Park.
Reading the spoilers... Yeah, its NICE and all we have the gorgon thing coming out but I don't want us jumping to conclusions. It seems a little odd for Oda to suddenly include another form of curse as big as the Devil Fruits. I fear we may presume what the Kuja say is correct and just go with it only to find Oda's.... Pulled an Oda on us. :-/ --One-Winged Hawk 00:00, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
I'm glad Oda is doing a different curse other then Devil Fruit which is old. What Oda did was pulling a different element rather then being creative with other things. Make more Oda.
This is like Rokushiki/Mantra/Haki/Life Return/etc. etc.
Joekido 05:00, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, but don't be surprised if Oda does pull a Oda on us. Its not the first time he has done it and won't be the last. Oda's a GOOD writer and a lot of people fall into Oda's snares when they happen, only to be completely shocked when he turns round and surprises us with the truth I'm the only one calling this as a lie... So I'm not going to be surprised if and when it happens. ^_- --One-Winged Hawk 08:02, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
Yeah, I hate it when Oda does that. When I first heard of "Demons of Ohara", I though there will be real demons but then we find out that "Demons of Ohara" is nothing more then a political term. Then Oda introduce Brook, At first I thought it would be a new race of skeletons but then we found out he ate the DF. I really wish Oda would stop that and make something real, not misleading use into thinking that there is a real thing only to find out it's fake.
Joekido 11:14, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
- The chapter, even in the spoilers, seems to contradict itself in it being something other than Devil Fruit powers. The biggest evidence of this is when Luffy sees Hancock's back and not only not turns to stone but also recognizes what's ever on her back. If the eye curse was true then Luffy should have been turned to stone since in the explanation it said "anyone" who looks at the sisters' backs turns to stone.Mugiwara Franky 15:42, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
The gorgon curse is fake.. it was just to hide the fact that there is a tatoo on their backs showing they were slaves.
Flower reference? Edit
Hancock's article in this site seems to state that her name comes from this flower. Unfortunately. I can't understand German nor am I a flower expert outside what is stated in forums. Can someone clarify this.Mugiwara Franky 15:47, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
I'm not sure if this is really where her name comes from though. It doesn't seem like it's actually a flower, just a plant. --22.214.171.124 19:22, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
Everyone editing today seems to have missed Hancock's sisters' comments on how Luffy dodged the attack with fear of dying, and that Luffy expected a Noro Noro beam. He prepared himself expecting to die while slowed down by the wrong type of beam he was being hit by. That's Luffy's simple mind for you... One-Winged Hawk 11:30, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
- Okay. Let me explain, people keep going on about his simple minded and all but if he resisted it via this reason I find it hard to swallow. We can only write what's in the text, so we have only the gorgon sister's words. As proven at least twice in the past, Luffy is easily effected by hypnotic or influence based powers: Jango and Miss Goldenweek. Therefore, his simple mindedness would once again effect more then he is suppose to be effected by.
- While we can note Alvida was the only other proof of his view of women, she still didn't use a thought controlling power. Also, he didn't understand how she could be the same Alvida as before, as well as what the hell she was talking about when she spoke about why she was chasing him which. These things just caused him too much confusion. In other words, the circumstances in the two cases are completely different. One-Winged Hawk 07:30, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
- Regardless of his view on women, Luffy is also void of any [noticeable] carnal or wicked desires. Notice her power to turn living creatures to stone rest solely on the idea that the victim must have wickedness in their heart. 126.96.36.199 01:39, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
- Nami bath scene.
- Before you say otherwise; SBS Oda stated Luffy is a young man growing up and is curious as any other on women. Or something like that. One-Winged Hawk 07:32, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- I think the fact that he didn't turn to stone is proof enough of his desire towards women (or lack thereof). That as well as the reaction to the bath scene with Boa, the self-proclaimed most beautiful woman. It might be better to just analyze the character thus far rather than rest on that idea. 188.8.131.52 01:39, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
- I won't repeat all the things I've said in the previous comments because I'm not sure you're even reading them. One-Winged Hawk 07:40, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
- I'm not sure you're comprehending my commentary.
- You've read thus far, and you know the rules of Hancock's power. The victim is petrified through use of their dormant wicked intention; fact established. Oda's comment has no relevance to the topic as curiosity and desire are two different sides of two different tokens. Luffy simply doesn't show any appetite for pleasure; or, at the very least, he doesn't dwell on that desire. What Hancock needs for that power to work is wicked, or lustful ardor.
- It's a bit redundant, but maybe repetition will help you see the point I'm trying to make. We seem to be on totally different chapters. 184.108.40.206 01:39, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
- I read the points you made, but you seem to not be reading the points I made. I will now repeat myself (annoyed because I didn't want to).
- Luffy already mistook her powers and got confused about them
- The Gorgon sisters said it was because he was afraid of death, this is the only other piece of evidence we have.
- By the time the arena happened, Luffy was too angry to fall for Hanock's powers anyway after what she did to the girls. Once Luffy's mind set on something, that's it pretty much.
- Nami bath scene, Luffy looked and got a nosebleed with the others. Nosebleed by Japanese manga = pervertedness. Luffy knows perverted stuff just the same as anyone else.
- Oda confirmed Luffy is curious of women in a SBS in regard to the bath scene.
- Luffy doesn't understand love, but that doesn't mean he isn't aware of it, see two the two points above. Hence his reaction to Alvida, plus he was still confused as to how she could be the same Alvida he met before.
- Simple mildness means he should fall for her powers more, not less. See Jango and Miss Goldenweek. Particular on Miss Goldenweek, Luffy was confirmed to fall for it easier because of his simplemindedness.
- Please read all of that now, I've made it easier for you to understand. One-Winged Hawk 07:30, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
- In regard to curious bit, if you believe the Nami x Luffy fans, they'd be pulling your arms and legs off by now. Lol. In regards to pleasure, yeah he knows what that is, but I' sure he doesn't know sexual pleasure. But lets not go down that path. This isn't a forum. One-Winged Hawk 07:33, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
Not that I am complaining, but should we be posting her age when we are not certain what it is? I mean, between 24 to 36 is a huge difference. Should we leave this out until we have more specific confirmation? Yatanogarasu 11:00, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
- Not really... The more important thing is we know she isn't something like 18 or 43. One-Winged Hawk 09:57, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
Hey, hey can we not mess about with the age. Its been worked out she is between 27 and 36 with the latest chapter. Bu until Oda gives the age, we're stuck waiting on him now unless more info gets in the chapters. One-Winged Hawk 08:22, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
Right now it says Hancock's age is 27 exactly. Can anyone give me the calculations and info on how they got that? I have a hard time on getting it myself. Yatanogarasu 1:15, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
Heres how its worked out:
- Hatchi saved Rayleigh's life 20 years ago then joined the Sunny pirates.
- Hancock was 16 when she escaped
- Arlong invited Nami's town 8 years ago.
- By the time Arlong got to Nami's village the Sunny pirates had already fallen apart by then.
- From that we work out she is between 24 (8 + 16) and 36 (20 + 16).
- She was emperess 11 years ago (that makes it now 16 + 11).
- Her age is between 27 and 36.
I wish people wouldn't keep altering things... Unless Oda says so we have no definate age here yet. One-Winged Hawk 18:57, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
- Okay I should point out why the gap; though he know she escaped at 16, we don't know WHEN that was. We know that she was Emperess 11 years ago, but how long had passed since she was freed? One-Winged Hawk 19:02, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
- Um, for your third point, you said that the Sunny Pirates have already fallen, but isn't that when it was formed when Fisher Tiger freed all the fishmen slaves? Yatanogarasu 13:13, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
- Whoops don't know what happened there but some stuff was deleted... I have no idea what else was meant to be on point #3. Sorry for the confusion, I've corrected it now. One-Winged Hawk 21:15, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
Bringing up a piece of trivia Edit
One of the trivia entries say that Hancock is the only Shichibukai that Luffy didn't fight. But if I recall, he never fought Mihawk either, Zoro did. Should we change the entry to say she's the only member no straw-hat has fought?220.127.116.11 04:21, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
Luffy tried to attack Mihawk after Zoro lost; he just failed miserably.
Another piece of Trivia: In the japanese version Boa Hancock has a certain speech pattern, where she uses an older version of the pronoun "you" (which is similar to our english "thou"). Additionally she adresses herself with a rarer version of "I" ("Warawa "). This quirk plays right into her noble image of an empress (and builds a sharp contrast to Monkey D. Luffy's speech pattern for instance). Maybe add it to the Trivia section?--KikiCoco 17:06, September 5, 2009 (UTC)
- Agree - now that is some interesting trivia. -- [ defchris ] · [ Diskussion ] · 10:47, September 6, 2009 (UTC)
Hello there. I really liked your section about the references to Greek mythology as I am quite concerned about ancient Greek culture. However, you could also consider mentioning that Achilles, the greatest of all Greek heroes, also "had something going" with an Amazon.
One Little Thing Edit
Ever since the new opening came out, I've seen the lead image for Hancock flip-flop. Could we just decide on one image until we get a proper image from the anime? I know its kinda minor but it bothers me :) Strategist9 20:32, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
How tall is Boa Hancock? Edit
I noticed that she is taller than Luffy and he is 5'7, is there anyway to tell how tall she is?
Compared to both pictures she seems to be at least 6 ft 3 inches, even when you take into account her heels.- XXstaticXX
Another thing that i found was her sitting next to luffy, (episode 418) in this one she seems at least a few inches/cm taller than him while sitting down! - XXstaticXX
- I'm sorry for editing someone else's posting, but those images were way too large and placed wrongly for this tiny section. -- [ defchris ] · [ Diskussion ] · 19:43, October 2, 2009 (UTC)
There is a general method of doing something like this... But first you've got to work out on Luffy how much a foot is. Once you've done that, you take Hancock and measure her. Alternatively, a "rough" guess would be to use head height of Luffy against Hancock, but this isn't a accurate method. One-Winged Hawk 08:56, October 4, 2009 (UTC)
Using the anime is a bad method to confirm the exact height of a character. It's suited to confirm if somebody is extraordinarily tall and big compared to other characters (e.g. Moria or Whitebeard), but at this scale it happens that animators mix up or change sizes because of rushed work during the production (as your examples illustrate). I would stick with the original material, the manga.KikiCoco 00:31, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
Luffys love life? Edit
Will luffy ever fall in love with hancock?
Most likely not. It seems more played for laughs, and there's a pretty big age gap. --18.104.22.168 08:12, October 4, 2009 (UTC)
So what? Theres nothing wrong with it I'm sure Hancock is a good woman for Luffy. --Cococrash11 06:08, July 26, 2010 (UTC) Well Luffy will never Like Boa Hancock Well for all i know this time maybe not sure if they will get married Because Luffy is 18 she is like 25 .--Ihelpcrazys1217 18:29 August 26, 2010 (UTC)
Take into account that after magellan poisoned luffy he lost 10 years of his life. So in a way they are the same age! Luffy of course abuses his body too much and will probably die young. Unless you take in account his body is made of rubber and he ages slower than normal humans.
Automated transfer of Problem Report #22658 Edit
The following message was left by Bartol D. Darkness via PR #22658 on 2009-05-30 14:03:36 UTC
She was 16 when she was freed. The time frame of 27-36 is built upon a number of facts, namely that she has been empress for 11 years and that Hatchan saved Rayleigh 20 years ago.22.214.171.124 13:15, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
- Don't worry, we get dumb reports like this from time to time... One-Winged Hawk 21:26, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
He never came back even after I commented on his talk page. I think he was just a troll or something. Drunk Samurai 19:20, October 2, 2009 (UTC)
Locked page Edit
Why is it impossible to further edit Hancock's page?Buh6173 14:49, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- Related lock due to edit war with Aiddon about whether it's the Devil Fruit or her beauty that causes people to oogle at her. Discussion found here.Mugiwara Franky 15:00, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- Well, can it get unlocked so we can contribute relevant information?
- Either when there is an consesus or after one week of discussion.Mugiwara Franky 16:42, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- It's ridiculous that we can't update important information on recent chapters. At least unlock one of the two pages that were locked.
- The problem is that unlocking one will cause an edit war. It would be half as bad as an edit war between two pages, but would be just as tiring since both sides will focus more on one page for the war. To make things faster, maybe you can give your thoughts on the matter in the corresponding talk page.Mugiwara Franky 17:20, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
Mero Mero no Mi Edit
The Mero Mero no Mi is merely suspected to cause Hancock's charms. When editing, please state "it is suspected/implied but unknown". There was already a huge debate over this over on the Mero Mero no Mi page and neither side could come a concrete conclusion. Until Oda states otherwise, please state it is only a possibility.--Aiddon 19:04, 29 August 2009 (UTC)Aiddon
Nobody cares since you only came to change those sections. You must be from Arlong Park. The idiots always come from there. Drunk Samurai 19:06, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
- I have no account on Arlong Park, though I do browse there for spoilers or cosplay pictures.--Aiddon 19:20, 29 August 2009 (UTC)Aiddon
Boa Hancock Called Kujas Her Brethren or Not?Edit
I know the scanlation one onemanga has Boa Hancock call the Kuja her brethren (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/521/17/), but in Stephen's translation it says,
Strangely enough, it was the powers of the fruits, the Mero Mero Fruit and Hebi Hebi Fruit, fed to us for entertainment when we were slaves......that have helped us mislead our country and protect our secret. If you had not hidden Sonia's back at that moment......we would have been unable to remain here. We must not have a single soul learn of our past!! (http://www.mangascreener.com/stephen/onepiece/chapter521.txt)
As you can see, in Stephen's translation, she says she was able to deceive her country, not her brethren. So my question is shouldn't the part in her relationships section about the Kuja have that edited out? Unless of course Stephen was wrong there and in that case, please let me know that. NANLIT 13:52, September 4, 2009 (UTC)
- Her brethren and her country are the same people. Her brethren (or sisteren?) means the Kuja. Her country means Amazon Lily which includes the Kuja.Mugiwara Franky 14:13, September 4, 2009 (UTC)
- I can remember from one of the street fighter movies that the sumo guy said to ryu "We Japanese brothers have to stick together", its more or less the same context. Even with that in mind the text portrays her attitude as need be here on the page. One-Winged Hawk 17:57, September 4, 2009 (UTC)
Was it actually stated that her starting bounty was 80,000,000? I don't recall if it was or not. Drunk Samurai 18:02, September 9, 2009 (UTC)
- It states she attacked a place and was given a bounty of 80k. So most presume its talking about her starting bounty. One-Winged Hawk 18:12, September 9, 2009 (UTC)
Most Beautiful WomanEdit
It should be said that she is the most beautiful woman, because whether or not the mermaid princess is more beautiful, she is a mermaid not a woman - 126.96.36.199 20:41, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
- The mermaids are still "men" even though their a different species. If you read the manga more closely, theres a discrimination for the mermaids and fishmen because some folks in the OP just see them as fish. So to say the mermaid princess isn't a woman would be replicating that OP world discrimination no? Plus "most beautiful" is purely editor opinion based, however "she is CONSIDERED the most beautiful in the OP world" isn't opinion (that shouldn be reworded if used BTW). One-Winged Hawk 21:02, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
Should Hancock's color scheme be focused around the Shichibukai colors or Kuja colors? Which is more dominant for her? The Pope 17:07, November 19, 2009 (UTC)
- The Kuja colorscheme since she is more allied towards her country than towards the Shichibukai.Mugiwara Franky 04:29, November 22, 2009 (UTC)
Hancock's Age (Again) Edit
I have a new proposed upper bound on Hancock's age, based on her appearance in the One Piece Special Manga Chapter 0. The reference note says "She was shown as a young child of approximately Robin's age 22 years before the main storyline, making her age at most 30." However, we cannot extrapolate her age based solely on this, because we do not know exactly how old she was at this point.
Consider the following:
1. In her appearance 22 years ago, she was still aspiring to be a Kuja pirate. 2. When she was kidnapped at the age of 12, she was a Kuja pirate.
Therefore her maximum age would be 34. (Which, right now, the page says it is, but it gives a faulty explanation: "Rayleigh was saved by Hatchan 20 years ago who then went on to join the Sunny Pirates; her maximum age is 34." Going by that formula, she would be at most 36 (16+20), which my formula narrows it further, and derives her age solely from her own backstory.)
As a side note, the anime (Episode 415) makes a point that was left out of the manga, that Hancock had been a "warrior" for a year prior to her kidnapping. Whether this can be interpreted as her already being a pirate for a year, or if she had been part of the island guard for a year and that was her first voyage as a pirate, is uncertain. If the former, then she was 11 when she became a pirate, and her maximum age is 33. However, due to the ambiguity of the translation, as well as the cannonicity issue of not being mentioned in the manga, I'm not prepared to stress this point. LazerWulf 11:22, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
Shichibukai in Chapter 0Edit
In case anyone did not catch a Shichibukai in chapter 0, here they are.
Donquixote Doflamingo, Juracule Mihawk, Crocodile, and Gecko Moria.
Marshall D. Teach (on the edge of the middle panel, to the right of Shiki).
Bartholomew Kuma and Jinbei were not shown in chapter 0. NANLIT 18:18, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
The snake Edit
It has been named apparently.
Her age Edit
I don't like that she should be 27-36. Maybe she was the empress of Amazon Lily when she was 12, then she would be 23, which fits to Ruffy, because he's 17-20.
- I'll repost the note against her age.
- Note: Hancock was 16 when Fisher Tiger freed her, and she became Empress 11 years ago, so her age is at least 27. She was a Kuja Pirate before getting kidnapped at age 12, but after Gol D. Roger's death, 22 years ago, she had not yet become a pirate, making her age at most 34.
- Sadly even I was disappointed when I worked this out. She is so much older then he (he is confirmed 17 already). You are not taking into other accounts. She was a young girl at the time of Roger's death so she is at least 20+ years old. You can't escape it, she is an old maid. :-/ One-Winged Hawk 19:49, March 13, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm still fine with them being together.
- What am I saying; I just want her to be on the crew fffhsg
- but this isn't a forum now is it The Pope 21:22, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Haha. Yeps, I've known age differences of 14 in real life. On a note, she looks to be about Nami's age at the age of Roger's death, judging by Oda's style. So she is definately close to 27 or 28. One-Winged Hawk 13:38, April 5, 2010 (UTC)
It's important for me, because I love the Anime and its stories... Its BS for me :/
ps: No I am not a freak...^^
- Note: Can you sign your posts with ~~~~ please? One-Winged Hawk 06:46, March 15, 2010 (UTC)
"On a note, she looks to be about Nami's age at the age of Roger's death, judging by Oda's style."
Do you mean Nami's age when she(Nami) was a child or her current age in the present? To me Hancock kinda looks about 9-13 years old as a child but maybe thats just me.
Chopperdude 05:47, May 23, 2010 (UTC)
- When Nami was a child... That was me forgetting to write part of the sentance down. One-Winged Hawk 22:07, June 4, 2010 (UTC)
Well it seems that Hancock' age is finaly revealed now in volume 58's SBS. She is 29 years old. Just one year older then Robin.
Chopperdude 03:19, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah we know, not a bad guess though overall, working out she was 27-34. I'm sure Oda got a string of questions regarding this. He did when Franky's age was worked out. One-Winged Hawk 22:06, June 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Rachmann 19:02, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, its the Grand Line, You should expect the unexpected, i would consider Luffy & Hancock together since in the Grand Line anything defies common sense ;).
Appearance gallery Edit
I was thinking since that the Straw Hats have some images in there appearance article. Why shouldn't Hancock have some, because she has a few outfits that we can add.HollowIchigo58 07:21, June 24, 2010 (UTC)
- I think we agreed one day to not make a gallery with the diverse change of clothes. So unless if her outfit reveal something about her appearance, I would say we don't need it. Kdom 17:42, June 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah... We could upload every image of a character, but then galleries would get silly big. Right now, only three images really count, her first appearance, as a kid and Marineford appearance. She isn't in the other attaire long enough to warrent it being here. One-Winged Hawk 21:09, June 24, 2010 (UTC)
Did Oda ever color in Hancock's qipao that she wears during the war? It might just be due to fancolorings/fanart, but I always thought it was yellow; however, in the anime, it seems to be showing up as purple.
Upon looking at Kaze wo Sagashite, it shows up as yellow in there as well.
So...what's the deal? Did Oda later recolor it properly, or are the animators just being idiots? The Pope 05:26, July 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Anything on this? The Pope 19:28, July 31, 2010 (UTC)
Well it is not the first nor the last that the anime and the manga color differs... take Nami clima tact for example Kdom 09:04, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
Page Ruined Edit
Somebody ruined this page, can someone revert it back to the way it was? Evilpuppy123 00:26, August 7, 2010 (UTC)
Character Box PageEdit
The picture for her should probably be her Amazon Lily outfit, since that's her first outfit and the one she's most-often seen in. However, so far no one has really been able to snag a good full-body shot of her in that outfit, and when they do it's really bad quality. The Pope 16:07, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
This page's abilities and powers section currently has Hancock pegged as a Haoushoku Haki user, but i think that her type is busoshoku, as i cannot remember any time in the manga where Hancock used Haoushoku. I'm pretty sure it needs be changed, but I wanted to mention it here just in case I am wrong or missed something.DancePowderer 22:13, August 26, 2010 (UTC)
Ok, I'm half right, she can use both, I'll add the Busoshoku Haki to her page and the Haki page.DancePowderer 22:36, August 26, 2010 (UTC)
I dunno, this seemed like it was worth mentioning. I was just back reading and noticed these pages:
She takes a seastone hit to her leg, and even though she is a DF user, it didn't weaken her, she actually even broke the seastone weapon.
I dunno if it's a testament to her strength (since seastone was supposedly said to be as hard as diamond) or to busoushoku haki (I dunno if that was what broke it OR protected her from seastone) but I just wanted to put this out there. 188.8.131.52 05:22, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
Smoker said during Arabasta that only the tip was made of seastone. So at most only and inch or two at the end of the jutte is actually seastone, the rest is normal metal (or whatever juttes are made of, i don't know). It is not a testament to her strength. She attacked it in the center, so that's how she broke it.DancePowderer 20:37, August 27, 2010 (UTC)
Boa Hancock age Edit
She is 29 years old (current) and will be 31 after the timeskip.. She is 10 years older than Luffy.
- Ok...? YazzyDream 01:08, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
is she a sniper?03:42, September 7, 2010 (UTC)
She did use that love arrow attack in one chapter during the marineford war. I don't think she aimed, it looked like a point blank shot. I personally don't think it should be mentioned since we don't have too much info to go by.DancePowderer 03:49, September 7, 2010 (UTC)
Oh! I'm forgot, sorry03:54, September 7, 2010 (UTC)
It could also be part of her Devil Fruit power where she trained until she was accurate with it. Give her a gun and then I doubt she could do the same. SeaTerror 04:48, September 7, 2010 (UTC)
Character Box ImageEdit
I found the perfect image for her from the official anime site, but just one problem: it's too small. But the Sengoku image on that site is the same as the one used here, which means that there must be a source to get these images in better resolution. Does anyone know where we could find these? The Pope 19:48, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm sorry but because of reasons such as text covering, small size, and slight distortions, the manga image really shouldn't be changed. This replacing good colored manga pics is kinda the reason why of most of the month was spent arguing. So until someone can find a better one like the proper sized pic of which you found, it really shouldn't be changed.Mugiwara Franky 00:42, September 22, 2010 (UTC)
Why are my edits being removed? They made sense, so why? Edit
Why are my edits being removed? They made sense, so why are they being abolished?Iamnofool 00:52, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
- They were obvious and already stated elsewhere in the article.Mugiwara Franky 03:00, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
Picture War Edit
Why the heck does the anime pic of Luffy hugging Hancock keep getting changed? Isn't it standard practice to change the manga picture to an anime one once it becomes available? The Woot 02:43, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
Not necessarily. As is the case most of the time, if the anime frame is better than the manga pic, then the pic gets replaced. But once in a while the anime frame won't be as good as the manga pic for various reasons, so we leave it as is. That seems to be the case with the Luffy hugging Hancock pic/frame.DancePowderer 02:51, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
Do you think Luffy will ever give serious thought to the idea of marrying Hancock? She seems to be obsessed with him and her fantasies pretty much tell you what would happen if Luffy flat out refuses to even love her. In addition I just can't see Luffy rejecting her multiple times, he's just not that coldhearted. Plus he knows all she did for him was out of her love, you think Luffy being Luffy would find SOME way to repay her.
MrPlasmaCosmos 11:44, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
(Please note I'm Bureaucrat of OPFanon.wikia so there is a good chance I'm not a "registered user" here so my name may come up red)
No, the person who created One Piece said that there wasn't any romance in the series. None of the main characters will fall in love. I'm not making it up, it is just what they said. It leaves options open to anyone who wants Hancock and Luffy to be together. But, all in all the answer is no romance.
Mero Mero no miEdit
How could she turn Smoker's jutte into stone ? Could it be a mistake of the anime? Touching the seastone should have stop the power of her devil fruit.
Scual 4:08, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
The entire jutte is not seastone, just the tip. Her breaking the jutte wasn't added in the anime, it was in the manga too. Silicontree 04:27, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for the answer. I don't understand how she could do that, even if it's not seastone. Perhaps she has the power to turn everything she touch into stone. Scual 12:03, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
- A lot of the things and people she hit turned to stone and shattered, so I believe so. ZeroSD 17:54, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
The Main Picture Edit
Is it just me or does Hancock's main photo look a bit wide? Don't know if I'm right though, cause my computer is freaking out all the time. Mihoyam1 16:28, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
- It's a known issue of the infamous image glitch that the adorable and caring wikia staff will get around it immediately (sarcasm). If no one messes with the picture it should be fixed tomorrow; I've send a purge cache command to the image server so all that's left to do is wait. MasterDeva 16:43, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
Can we change the main pic, I can barely see her face there, and it's already in the gallery. Look at Whitebeard's infobox, he has a pic that does not show his entire body, but rather a clear shot of his face. And I do hate edit conflicts (2 times)! Yatanogarasu 16:45, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I've changed it to the one you used earlier, don't worry about it Yatanogarasu, I've got ya covered. ^_^ Keep in mind it was I that proposed for an image that shows a clear view of Whitebeard's upper body instead of a image that shows his full body but distorts his face. Also note that nothing is missed because the rest of him is visible in the 'Appearance' section! MasterDeva 16:53, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Nice! Thanks a lot. Yatanogarasu 17:05, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
This is just a thought...how can Boa Hancock perceive what's in front of her when she's "looking down" on it, and leaning all the way back in the process. In the battlefield, that's basically rendering yourself as a wide-open target for head-on attacks. Therefore, it is likely that Hancock relies on Kenbushoku Haki to keep her guard up when she's up to her habits.—Preceding unsigned comment added by Paul slash nakamura (talk • contribs) 11:55, January 11, 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Hancock possibly displaying Kenbunshoku Haki twice?Edit
Some pretty interesting arguments of her having displayed the last type of Haki she has (seemingly) yet to.
Here we have Hancock hijacking a Marine vessel and rebuking the claims of the fodder that Luffy, Law and company would most likely be dead. She responds with "No...they're definitely still alive...!!" She also says to "chase" him down, as opposed to just trying to verify his existence. She's adamant here that Luffy is alive; true, some might write it off as just faith in Luffy and refusal to believe he's alive, but that's up to their personal interpretation.
Further evidence to augment the possibility of her having displayed CoO is through analyzing the means she tracked him down.
Here, we had no idea how she was going to track him down, as they had no idea in which direction Law's submarine went.
Here we figure out that Salome has tracking abilities. Hancock states that Salome tracked them from the ocean floor. Now how would Hancock be able to command the ship to follow Salome if he was all the way under water, on the bottom of the ocean no less? She'd hardly be able to see him in those tumultuous waters, and much less get in the water herself (due to her Devil Fruit). And, as it was a matter of emergency/time, I doubt Salome would've popped up every few seconds to show her where he was, so the ship could crawl along after him. It would make much more sense if Salome was free to track the submarine while Hancock kept tabs on him via Kenbunshoku haki.
Also, note how Salome was with her on the platform when she ordered them Marines to track Luffy down. The order of events (in my opinion) would've gone something like this:
-Hancock verifies Luffy is alive
-Hancock orders the Marines to track him down
-They have no idea where/how to do so
-Salome follows Law's submarine
-Hancock uses her (supposed) Colour of Observation Haki to follow him
I do believe she has all three types, as she has the rarest (Haoshoku Haki/Colour of the Conquering King) and has displayed Busoshoku Haki (Colour of Armaments) against Smoker. Her sister Sandersonia has displayed Kenbunshoku Haki, and I'd wager it's the easiest out of all three types to acquire. Plus, I'd think that the Empress of an island that specializes in Haki would, provided she has the rarest type, have the lesser types as well. Before anyone says "Probably, but since she doesn't have it confirmed, we really don't know for sure." We know Rayleigh used Haoshoku Haki in the Slave Auction house, yet it was not named. This is potentially a similar case.
Thoughts on this?
LegendaryBeauty 20:08, January 26, 2011 (UTC)
That picture... Edit
Okay, that isn't good enough to serve as infobox picture. But alas I know that we've had arguments and edit wars, but we need to FIND a better one, seriously. You can bearly see some of her features, which means it fails to comply with the Image Guidelines directive on infobox recommendations. So... Yeah anyone got anything better? One-Winged Hawk 00:02, February 5, 2011 (UTC)
Well, I don't know about the Image Guidelines.. but isn't this ok?!Ok, she's sitting.. but it's in better quality and she's in her first outfit.. I don't know. JapaneseOPfan 05:09, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
I don't see anything wrong with that picture, and obviously, it's way better than the current one. GMTails 05:28, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
This one's way better than the current oneRoranoa zoro 06:19, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
Alright, I don't see any objections so I'll go with this; please explain to me if anyone doesn't like it. JapaneseOPfan 14:44, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
I'm watching the anime atm and I saw something really odd. Hancock broke Smoker's weapon by turning it into stone. I thought it was just a mistake made by the animators but it's also in the manga (chapter 560). Well actually in the manga it doesn't look like she turned into stone but hey, she managed to break kairoseki being a DF user. Should we add this to her "powers" section?Mr. 0 Sebastian 22:38, October 26, 2011 (UTC)
No. This is a fairly common misconception. Only the tip of Smoker's weapon is made of kairoseki. The rest of it is regular metal. Hancock broke the weapon in the middle somewhere, so all she really did was kick through a thin piece of metal.22:45, October 26, 2011 (UTC)
I don't know about this, but why don't we have a pre/post-timeskip image thing for her infobox? I know she didn't change much, but we did one for Jinbe so I think we should be consistent. Just a random thought. I personally think that she didn't change much at all, but I want to know why she doesn't have one and Jinbe does.
Jimbei has one because his outfit did change. His appearance didn't, but his main outfit did.
Hancock doesn't have one because she hasn't changed at all. She looks the same.21:45, January 2, 2012 (UTC)
It was originally removed on his article but was put back because of the vote. Hancock however didn't change. SeaTerror 22:42, January 2, 2012 (UTC)
Hancocks outfit has changed the leg showing from right to left — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 09:04, September 12, 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~ next time!
Boa Trivia incorrect Edit
The last point on the Trivia list is incorrect, as the Strawhats and Law formed an alliance or at least Law is friendly towards them. Him being a Shichibukai makes this last claim in the Trivia ( Boa is the only schichibukai friendly towards the strawhats) false220.127.116.11 14:59, February 26, 2014 (UTC) Radixtrator
Law isn't a Shichibukai any more. He told Issho he and the Straw Hats were allies, and Issho attacked him. Have a look at Chapter 713.
Sober as a judge in drag 15:05, February 26, 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for clearing that up i completely forgot about that18.104.22.168 14:28, March 1, 2014 (UTC) Radixtrator
"In the anime, when Hancock was imagining herself marrying Luffy, her wedding dress is similar to Chiaki Inaba's wedding dress during her wedding with Oda." I think that's point shouldn't be include in trivia. Because if you saw wedding dress of Nami or some girls/womens from other anime or some girls/womens in the real life, they're look similar too which have white dominant color, earrings, a flower bouquet and white gloves. 22.214.171.124 15:39, November 7, 2014 (UTC) onizer
The Sister's PastEdit
I was not sure if someone had already created this, and there is no comment section, so... Anyway, what does everyone think of their past? I think that giving them that background makes it easier to understand why they act the way they do. If the story had been, "They were abandoned by friends and family" or "They were betrayed by someone" would the feeling have been the same? Since they had to go through a traumatic event like that, it is easier to forgive her and understand her actions. And without analyzing it... I find their past horrific. The sisters are my favorite characters and the reason I started to like One Piece (Along with Ace, but he's a different story) and I feel so bad for them. Sorry everyone who had to read through this.