|Manga - Anime|
|Debut:||Chapter 704; Episode 632|
|Epithet:||"Suleiman the Beheader" (首はねスレイマン Kubi-hane Sureiman?)|
Suleiman has light shaggy hair under a large black hat, decorated with a white skull and gold wings, which covers one of his light colored eyes; it also has three bird-feathers at the very top, followed by a plume flowing down the back of his hat. He wears a large black coat with a pointed collar, and a pair of military medals. This is accompanied with a pair of white pants and a pair of black heeled boots. He has a scar that goes across the center of his face, which somewhat resembles Crocodile's own scar.
He appears to be a stoic yet patriotic man. Despite being an exiled war criminal, he claimed that he loves his country, even wearing his naval uniform despite his exile severing his connection to his home.
Abilities and PowersEdit
He was seen holding a sword, but it is not known how proficient he is in using it. However, it can be assumed he is quite skilled since he managed to gain his epithet by decapitating people and he is confident enough to join the competition for the Mera Mera no Mi.
Sometime in the past he was involved in the "Sea Battle of Dias" (ディアス海戦 Diasu Kaisen?, "Dias Naval Battle" in the Viz Manga) and became a war criminal. After he was exiled from his country, he roamed throughout the underworld.
As Block D's battle royale began, Suleiman was seen preparing to fight.
Suleiman later fought against Rebecca. He claimed that he did everything for his country and loved his homeland. He then asked her how she could cope living in a country where she is despised so much.
Rebecca continued to evade Suleiman's attacks, but their fight was interrupted when Cavendish suddenly stood between them. They then saw Cavendish suddenly fell asleep and when several gladiators took the opportunity to attack him, his alter-ego, Hakuba, took control and proceeded to strike down all the remaining fighters in Block D. Suleiman fell victim to his attack and laid defeated on the arena.
- Sulaymān (Arabic سليمان), more commonly known as Solomon (Hebrew שְׁלֹמֹה), is a figure identified in the Quran, Bahá'í scripture, and in the Hebrew Bible as a king of Israel famous for his wisdom. His name means "peace".
- Suleiman the Magnificent was the tenth and longest-reigning Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, from 1520 to his death in 1566.
- Sulayman Reis was a barbary pirate working under the Ottoman Empire during the 8th century.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 71 Chapter 704 (p. 6) and Episode 633.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 632, a number of participants of the battle royale cameo as silhouettes during Gatz' announcement.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 One Piece Manga — Chapter 733.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 71 Chapter 706 (p. 11).
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 73 Chapter 722, Suleiman prepares for Block D's battle royale.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 734.