Shirauo is an extremely long nodachi, being about as tall as Amande herself and taller than average-sized people. Appropriate to its name, the sword has a pure white fish-shaped tsuba guard and a grip with scale patterns.
Amande keeps Shirauo in a very long sheathe on her right hip.
Shirauo has great sharpness and superior cutting power, being able to cut through a very large and thick wood even at slow speed if Amande wants to and through metal armor. Due to its length, it has great range and can cut through large targets.
Slow Ballad (スローバラード Surō Barādo?): Amande bisects her opponent vertically from top to bottom, cutting slowly, in order to maximize her opponent's pain. This was first used to torture King Baum in an attempt to kill him in the most agonizing way possible.
- It is named after Icefish (salangidae), a family of fish found in East and Southeast Asia.
- In its first appearance in Chapter 827, Amande's sword had a generic floral shaped guard. It was changed to its distinctive fish shape for its next appearance in Chapter 845.
- In the anime counterpart of Chapter 827, it has its updated fish shaped guard.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 82 Chapter 827 (p. 15) and Episode 786, Shirauo is first seen with Amande.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 One Piece Manga — Vol. 84 Chapter 845 (p. 5), The length of Shirauo is seen in full.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 One Piece Manga — Vol. 84 Chapter 846 (p. 3), Amande names Shirauo as a Meito.