The Shark Submerge III is a deep-sea exploring submarine shaped like a shark that can carry three people. It is a part of the Thousand Sunny's Soldier Dock System and can be deployed by the number 3 channel.
Ship Design and AppearanceEdit
The Shark Submerge III is a small three-man submarine shaped like a shark. It was built by Franky in order to aid the Straw Hat Pirates when they ever come across a situation that requires going underwater. The passengers keep in contact with the ship above through a Den Den Mushi. The Shark Submerge III has a diving limit of 5,000 meters. Going below any further than that would cause the sub to crack due to the surrounding water pressure.
Anime and Manga DifferencesEdit
Originally in the manga, the Shark Submerge III was first shown to the Straw Hats when Franky explained about the Soldier Dock System in Thriller Bark. While shown, however, it was not until the crew reached the second half of the Red Line that the submarine was seen being used to look for Fishman Island. In the anime, the Shark Submerge III was first shown being used during the Ice Hunter Arc. It is also used again during the Z's Ambition Arc.
The Shark Submerge III also made an appearance in Episode of Chopper Plus: Bloom in Winter, Miracle Sakura, which was an adaptation of the Drum Island Arc. In it, Franky and Zoro drive around in the Shark Submerge III to investigate the Bliking.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 46 Chapter 444 and Episode 329, the Shark Submerge is introduced.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 50 Chapter 490 and Episode 385, Franky explains the Shark Submerge III's diving limit of 5,000 meters.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 50 Chapter 490 and Episode 585, the Shark Submerge III is seen being used to look for Fishman Island.
- Submarine - Wikipedia article about submarines
- The Invention of the Submarine - Site discussing how the submarine was invented
- Submarines - Planet Papers article about submarines
- Shark - Wikipedia article about sharks in general