Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Salome is a large white snake with large pink spots running down its body. The underside of its body is pale yellow, with thin horizontal black lines across it. It wears a horned skull with a couple of cracks on top of its head, has blue hair jutting out from the back of the skull, and is usually seen with what appears to be a smile.
In the manga, Salome's skin was seen as a shade of pink that was lighter than the spots running down its body.
For a snake, Salome appears to be a friendly and fun loving snake. It is very close to Hancock and cares about her well-being, as it was shown worried about her condition when she was bedridden from Love Sickness. No matter the situation, Salome is always seen smiling. Salome seems to be fond of food, as it was shown eating the food on the Marine ship with Luffy and even showing enjoyment on its part.
As an oversized Snake Weapon, Salome usually curls itself into a chair for Boa Hancock to sit on, similar to a throne. It also has curled itself as a spiral for supporting her. Because of its size, she can use Salome to gain a height advantage in order to effectively use her Slave Arrow as an aerial bombardment technique.
Salome is also a very strong swimmer, capable of diving into the ocean and save Luffy in very quick time.
In the non-canon Pirate Warriors series, Salome can attack enemies with its body and can transform into an bow which Hancock can use to fire Slave Arrows.
Summit War SagaEdit
Amazon Lily ArcEdit
Salome has been seen with Hancock since her debut, and has served as her throne when she sat in her room and in the coliseum. When Hancock answered the Marines' call to attend the Whitebeard War, she was permitted to bring Salome with her.
After Luffy escapes Marineford with the aid of the Heart Pirates and their submarine, Hancock follows the submarine using Salome's tracking capabilities. After returning to Amazon Lily, Salome resumes the role of being Hancock's throne.
- In biblical text, Salome was the daughter of Herodias, who is often depicted as dangerous and seductive. As a note of coincidence, Salome's owner Hancock can be considered such a person.
- Despite not making it into the top ten in the fifth fan popularity poll, Salome was on the cover page of chapter 771 with the other top ten characters, accompanying Hancock.
- ↑ One Piece Blue Deep: Characters World (p. 68), His birthday is revealed.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 59 Chapter 575 (p. 12) and Episode 484, Hancock speaks of Salome's name.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 480, a filler scene in which Hancock keeps Luffy from being attacked while he confronts Garp