Saga is the alleged main antagonist of the fifth One Piece movie. He was a childhood friend of Zoro (both went to the same dojo together) and Maya's fiance. The real Saga is a friendly, honorable, and ambitious young man. He is a Marine swordsman and is the master of a marine dojo.
Saga is a tall man with tanned skin and long white hair that he wears loosely. He wears a red robe and with a white armband on his left arm. He also wears red shoes.
When freed of Shichiseiken powers, he was shown to be a friendly, honorable, and ambitious young man.
Saga is a swordsman, but the loss of his right arm seems to have robbed him of his skills. However, when he used the Shichiseiken, it healed him of his defect, and he gained a massive boost in strength, but falls under its evil influence.
The Cursed Holy SwordEdit
He and Zoro were trainees together at the same dojo when they were children and became friends even when they became young men. It was when Saga and Zoro were fighting against an unknown pirate ship that was burning down when Saga was trapped by an iron chain, forcing Zoro to leave him as he could not cut steel at that time. Zoro believed that Saga had perished that day but Saga had managed to survive but his right arm became paralyzed.
He fell into a state of depression after losing the use of his right arm, but was brought out of it by Maya, whom he met when he drifted to her island. He was accepted into her village and later fought alongside them when they were attacked by pirates.
During the fight, he and Maya ran into the shrine that housed the Shichiseiken. He fell under the evil influence of the sword when he used it out of desperation to save her from the pirates. The sword possessed Saga to try to rise to its full power and bring darkness to the world. Saga took over and possessed his entire Marine dojo to help in the sword's quest.
When the Straw Hats landed on the island, Saga summons Zoro; at first to stop Maya from using the sacred jewels to seal the sword's power, but then plans to use Zoro as a live sacrifice to increase the sword's strength. Luffy manages to destroy the sword with the help of Maya's barrier, but the curse had already fused with Saga's body, giving him superhuman strength and the ability to cut things with his bare hands, as well as allowing him to use both of his arms again.
Saga would later interrupt the duel between Zoro and Toma, gaining complete control over Toma, sending him to defend one of the shrines that could stop his power.
Despite being weakened by Saga in an earlier duel, Zoro finally manages to free him of the influence with a one-sword strike. Saga survives and resolves to continue seeking the "sword of justice", his dream, to make up for his actions.
- Saga vs. Monkey D. Luffy (Marines Dojo)
- Saga vs. Roronoa Zoro (Marines Dojo)
- Saga vs. Monkey D. Luffy (Three Towers)
- Saga vs. Roronoa Zoro (Three Towers)
- Both Saga and Shanks lost an arm to save a friend at sea, Zoro and Luffy respectively, and both are still proficient swordsmen despite their handicap. Instead of dismemberment, Saga's was merely disabled. He regained use of his arm when the sword took over his body. It is unknown if he can still use his arm after the curse was lifted.
- He and Captain Morgan are so far the only main antagonists to have been defeated by Zoro and not Luffy.
- Saga has a few things in common with Shin Natsume from Tenjho Tenge, they both get possessed by a sword and love a girl named Maya.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 One Piece Movie 5, Saga is introduced.