Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
SAD is a substance produced in a lab within Punk Hazard, D Block, and kept within a huge metal vat.
When it was first seen, SAD was being kept in a large metallic vat hooked up to several tubes and a prominent nuclear symbol on it. After the vat holding the refined SAD was split open by Law, the substance is revealed to be somewhat of a foamy mixture similar to wax.
SAD is a particularly unique substance and it is one of the few things needed to create Smiles, artificial Zoan Devil Fruits. It has the potential to cause anarchy within the New World, depending on the one who wields it. It also might have some radioactive properties, as the symbol for radioactive substances appeared on the tank Law was looking at; and Law himself noted that the laboratory will soon explode after the state he left the SAD production room in.
Caesar Clown is the only person in the world who knows how to manufacture this substance, and he created it by making practical application of Vegapunk's discovery of "Lineage Factor" (血統因子 kettō inshi?). As such, SAD is very valuable, as Donquixote Doflamingo suggested destroying the production room and eliminating Caesar to prevent it from being stolen and the scientist from being kidnapped, only to retract the suggestion as it would be troublesome for him to lose his supply of the substance as well as any chance of procuring more.
Punk Hazard ArcEdit
Vergo arrived on Punk Hazard shortly after catching a ride on a SAD tanker ship that was leaving from Dressrosa.
Trafalgar Law apparently went through great lengths to gain access to the SAD production room on Punk Hazard, joining the Shichibukai and then forming an alliance with the Straw Hat Pirates. He eventually succeeded amidst the chaos in the research facility, but Vergo contacted Doflamingo and reported it. Vergo was ordered to stop Law from taking the SAD and execute him for his betrayal, which leads to the two of them battling in the production room.
Despite the destruction of the production facility in Punk Hazard and Caesar's captivity, the Donquixote Pirates still possessed a decent quantity of SAD in their factory, as the dwarves continued their labor of cultivating SMILEs. Ultimately, the remaining SAD supply, along with the SMILE Factory, were all destroyed when the dwarves rose up in revolt.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 69 Chapter 690 (p. 17) and Episode 616, the physical form of SAD is seen when Law slices through the production room.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 68 Chapter 672 (p. 4) and Episode 598, Vergo says he came from Dressrosa on an SAD Tanker.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 69 Chapter 681 (p. 19) and Episode 607, Vergo realizes Law's objective to get to SAD.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 69 Chapter 689 and Episode 615.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 70 Chapter 698 and Episode 625, Law explains what he knows about SAD and Smiles to the Straw Hats.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 69 Chapter 682 and Episode 608.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 74 Chapter 738, Dwarves continued to produce SMILEs.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 78 Chapter 779 (p. 5-6), The Tontatta dwarves destroy the SMILE Factory.