The Royal Guards are people who serve a royal family, each country has a unique set of guards based on the climate or personality of a nation.
Known Royal GuardsEdit
- Drum Kingdom: These guards are dressed in a warm suit. They have green coats, snow goggles, ear-flap snow caps, brown gloves and black boots. Their leader was Dalton, until King Wapol was overthrown, by which point the entire organization has since collapsed.
- Alabasta: These guards are dressed with a tunic capes, brown metal dragon-pattern armor, sandals, and a metal helmet. They are often seen having a long rods with a blade at the end. Igaram is the captain of the guards, with Pell and Chaka being the commanders under Igaram. While Igaram was gone, Chaka was the acting captain. The Tsumegeri Guards were the elite amongst these guards.
- Mariejois: These guards are dressed in medieval armor, with pointed helmets and the armor covering their chest and arms. They wear aqua green pants. Their weapons of choice are spears, and they usually accompany the World Nobles.
- Lvneel: These guards are dressed in a mesh-mail that covers their arms, with a purple double-breasted bolted sleeveless shirt over it, with two brown belts at the waist, purple gloves, and blue pants. They have no sailing experience, which led to many of them dying on their way to Jaya on the Northheim.
- Ryugu Kingdom: These guards are composed of Fishmen and mermen, they dress in harden shells and wield tridents. Jinbe, Aladdin and Hody Jones were also part of the guards before they departed for personal reasons. A similar organization of guards within the kingdom are the Ammo Knights.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 25 Chapter 233 (p. 14) and Episode 151, Mariejois Royal Guards stand outside of the meeting hall.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 15 Chapter 131 (p. 10) and Episode 79, Wapol's Royal Guards, who became pirates with him, attack the Straw Hat Pirates.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 15 Chapter 130 (p. 8) and Episode 78, A flashback of the Alabasta Royal Guards are shown.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 31 Chapter 292 (p. 4-5) and Episode 189, Noland bringing the Lvneel king and 200 Royal Guards to Jaya.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 62 Chapter 612 (p. 16) and Episode 531, A Ryugu Kingdom Royal Guard brings food for Princess Shirahoshi.