Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Geppo is one of the six techniques of "Rokushiki".
The Geppo allows the users to actually jump off the air itself, allowing them to stay in the air for much longer than usual. CP9 members can use this technique to cross great distances without ever touching the ground, or set themselves up for swift, aerial attacks.
Rob Lucci showed a variant of Geppo, where he combines it with Soru to create the three-dimensional movement Kamisori, while Fukuro could perform Geppo with one leg. It has once been used aggressively by Lucci, performing a suplex-styled move while Luffy clung onto his back. The impact left a rather large crater in the floor.
While the technique itself affords several advantages both in and out of battle for the user, it has but one major weakness: since its usage depends heavily on the user's legs, restraining or pinning down any major parts of their lower body can significantly disrupt Geppo. This was seen during Fukuro's fight with Franky, where the latter managed to grab on to one of the CP9's legs, noticeably affecting the technique. However, it should be noted that Rob Lucci has been seen kicking off the air with one leg at a time rather like hopping and keeping himself afloat. Just like Soru, there are other versions of this technique.
- Cho Sokuten: Tekkai Dama (超側転 鉄塊玉 Chō Sokuten: Tekkai Dama?, literally meaning "Super Cartwheel: Iron Mass Ball"): Fukuro combines his Tekkai Dama (spinning himself with Soru while using Tekkai) movements with Geppo to use it in midair. In the Viz Manga, this is called Super Cartwheel Iron Ball.
- Kamisori (剃刀 Kamisori?, literally meaning "Razor"): Used by Lucci. A combination of Geppo and Soru, where Lucci uses Soru in a zigzag motion in midair, allowing extremely fast movements in three dimensions. Other CP9 agents have also shown to use this technique or a similar one allowing them to move through the air at great speed. In the Pirate Warriors series, Lucci can use Kamisori to cut through enemies while utilizing its high-speed movements, and he can use the attack in his human form in the third Pirate Warriors game (while ending it with a smashing dive). In the Viz Manga, this is called Razor.
- Sky Walk (空中歩行（スカイウォーク） Sukai Wōku?, literally meaning "Sky Walk"): After the timeskip, Sanji demonstrates this ability by kicking the air to jump higher, giving the appearance of flight. Sanji created this technique during his ordeal in "hell" to escape from the okamas. It was first seen used to escape after being surrounded by the Sea Urchin-Armor Spine Squad, making them hurt themselves. The kanji of the attack is read as "Kuuchuu Hokou"; hokou being a term for "walk" or an alternate reading for "kachi", a foot soldier samurai during the Edo period.
- Blue Walk (海歩行 (ブルーウォーク) Burū Wōku?, literally meaning "Sea Walk"): A technique that allows him to travel at incredible speeds, resulting in traveling at least as fast as a fishman underwater. Sanji kicks the water multiple times to gain impulse thus "running" underwater, and reaching considerable speed; in fact, this is the underwater version of Sky Walk. According to Sanji he created this technique after two years of running away near constantly from okama. It was first seen used to reach the Kraken, just before using Diable Jambe - Bien Cuit: Grill Shot.It is shown that this technique can be used in Nami 's body.
- When in Gear Fourth mode, Monkey D. Luffy is capable of jumping off the air, akin to Geppo, by utilizing the extreme compression of his rubbery body.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 37 Chapter 348 (p. 7) and Episode 246, Blueno explains Geppo to Luffy.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 36 Chapter 343 (p. 5-6) and Episode 242, Geppo is first used by disguised Kalifa.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 39 Chapter 370 (p. 18) and Episode 259, Nero uses Geppo in his battle against Franky.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 58 Chapter 567 (p. 8) and Episode 476, Momonga uses Geppo during his brief fight with Luffy.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 64 Chapter 635 (p. 11) and Episode 555, Sanji uses Sky Walk to evade the Sea Urchin Spine Squadron.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 69 Chapter 682 (p. 5) and Episodes 607–608, Vergo uses Geppo to escape from H2S gas via midair travel through a hallway
- ↑ 3D2Y — Byrnndi World using Geppo to traverse over the sea.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 42 Chapter 406 and Episode 289, Fukuro uses Cho Sokuten Tekkai Dama.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 44 Chapter 420 and Episode 302, Rob Lucci uses Kamisori.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 78 Chapter 784 (p. 12) and Episode 726, Luffy using Gear Fourth to jump in midair.