|Romanized Name:||Riku Ichizoku|
|Official English Name:||Riku Family|
|First Appearance:||Chapter 704; Episode 633|
|Leader:||Riku Dold III|
The Riku Family is a royal bloodline which ruled the Dressrosa Kingdom from the formation of the world government, until ten years before the current timeline. It was one of the new royal families after nineteen of the twenty kings that founded the World Government left their kingdoms with their families to live in Mariejois.
|Riku Dold III||Riku Matriarch *||Rebecca||Viola||Scarlett †|
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- Dold III - Rebecca's grandfather, Viola's and Scarlett's father, and Kyros' father-in-law
- Kyros - Rebecca's father, Scarlett's widower, Viola's brother-in-law, and Dold III's son-in-law
- Scarlett - Rebecca's mother, Kyros' wife, Viola's older sister, and Dold III's elder daughter
- Viola - Dold III's younger daughter, Kyros' sister-in-law, Scarlett's younger sister, and Rebecca's aunt
- Rebecca - Kyros' and Scarlett's daughter, Dold III's granddaughter, and Viola's niece
Eight hundred years ago, the Riku Family became the new rulers of Dressrosa Kingdom after the Donquixote Family left the country to live in Mariejois. After learning of the era of slavery that the dwarves had suffered at the hands of the Donquixote Family, the first King Riku made a sincere apology. As atonement for the sins of his predecessors, he allowed them to take anything they needed from the humans as they pleased without having to work for it. King Riku told his citizens that the disappearances were the work of "fairies", beginning a legend that would persist through the centuries. Over the years that followed, the reign of the Riku Family was characterized by their generosity, as they focused their efforts on assisting their neighboring countries whenever possible, despite their own lack of wealth.
During the third Riku Dold's rule, he met with Kyros. At first hostile, Kyros eventually became the captain of Riku's army, and the protector of the two princesses: Scarlett and Viola. Kyros and Scarlett eventually fell in love, but due to the public opinion on Kyros' criminal records, the two cannot marry officially, much to Riku's distraught. To be together, Scarlett faked her death and eloped with Kyros, living on the outskirts of the country with their daughter, while forfeiting her right to the throne to Viola.
Ten years ago, a member of the Donquixote Family, Donquixote Doflamingo, came back to his clan's original kingdom to oust the Riku royalty, and regain the king status. Doflamingo tricked Riku Dold III, the current king of Dressrosa, into gathering 10 billion ransom, as that was the only way he would let him keep the island's throne. When Riku started gathering the money, Doflamingo controlled him and his soldiers with his Devil Fruit ability and made him attack his own people. Riku, looking like a tyrant who went mad with greed, had to give up the throne due to that incident and was forced into hiding. That incident caused Riku Dold III to lose all the trust from the people of Dressrosa and they soon started to despise the whole Riku family. Doflamingo was intrigued by the king's daughter's Devil Fruit ability and asked her to join his crew, which she accepted in exchange of securing her father's survival. Scarlett was killed by the Donquixote Family soon afterwards and Kyros (now turned into a toy known as Thunder Soldier) took in Rebecca and raised her.
At some point in the past, Rebecca was captured by the Donquixote Family and she was forced to fight in the Corrida Colosseum as a gladiator. Despite her strength and the fact that she survived many battles in the Colosseum, she still received a lot of hatred due to her heritage. Rebecca competed for the Mera Mera no Mi as part of the D Block. She was the winner of D Block after surviving Hakuba's assault, and participated in the final round.
Riku Dold III, who was presumed dead, also fought for Ace's fruit under the Alias "Ricky" in Block B. After he lost the fight, he was thrown into an underground dungeon along with the other defeated fighters. There, his true identity was revealed and he received his old subordinates' and allies' praises. Unfortunately, they were all turned into toys soon after, and Riku was taken hostage in Doflamingo's castle.
After Sugar's fainting and her curse lifted, the citizens of Dressrossa finally see Doflamingo for the tyrant he really was. He was then forced to use his "Birdcage" technique to regain control over the country. The citizens, now forced to attack each other, finally realize what truly happened to King Riku all those years ago and felt utter remorse for believing Doflamingo's trick and how they all betrayed the Riku family.
However, this did not stop them from trying to capture Riku and his family to bring to Doflamingo in order to stop the chaos. But when they actually succeeded, they give up the plan, knowing that it was another lie set up by Doflamingo, as he will not let anyone survive, and beg Riku to stop him.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 71 Chapter 704 and Episode 633, Rebecca, King Riku's granddaughter, makes her debut.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 73 Chapter 722 and Episode 653, Doflamingo reveals that the Riku Family became the new royalty of Dressrosa after the Donquixote Family left for Mariejois.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 73 Chapter 726 and Episode 658, Gancho tells the Straw Hats about the history of the dwarves and the Riku Family.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 74 Chapters 741–742, Kyros had a flashback of his marriage into the Riku Family.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 72 Chapter 721 and Episode 651, the events of ten years ago in Dressrosa are shown in a flashback.