|The following article has no references to the official sources.|
|Romanized Name:||Sekai Kaigi (Reverī)|
|Official English Name:||Reverie|
|First Appearance:||Chapter 142; Episode 91|
|Occupations:||Council of worldwide royalties|
The Reverie (literally translated as "World Council") is a council formed by the World Government which consists of the world's greatest leaders of various kingdoms.
Meetings are held every four years at Mariejois and kings or queens gather to discuss matters that could affect the world.
As this is a meeting of leaders of nations, a full scale war could be initiated if one king simply insults another. An example is when Wapol purposely hit Nefertari Vivi as an act of revenge against her father, Cobra, after he scolded Wapol for his selfishness. Due to Vivi's and Cobra's kindness, they did not retaliate with war, and Wapol was simply angry and left.
|This is an empty section. Please help the wiki by adding information to it.|
16 years ago, Queen Otohime, in an effort to get Fishmen and Merfolk to grow closer to Humans, made a proposal to relocate Ryugu Kingdom to the surface. She wanted to present this wish at the Reverie that year, and asked her kingdom's citizens for signatures.
15 years ago, King Neptune stated that he would not be allowed to attend the next Reverie due to the recent incident of Fisher Tiger raiding Mariejois and liberating slaves, which caused Fishman Island's standing to fall.
10 years ago, Otohime went to Mariejois and returned with an official letter from a World Noble, supporting her cause to to relocate Ryugu Kingdom. She stated that the plan could be realistically put into action if enough signatures are collected by the next Reverie.
8 years ago, a Reverie was held, with the participants including Thalassa Lucas, Nefertari Cobra and Wapol. During the meeting, Lucas brought up the Revolutionary Dragon, labeling his ideologies "dangerous" and stating that he would become a great threat to the World Government in 4-5 years. Wapol disregarded this as not concerning his country, which prompted Cobra to scold him for his irresponsibility. After the meeting Wapol came across Cobra's daughter Vivi and purposefully hit her as revenge against Cobra. Vivi, however, simply apologized in order to avoid conflict bertween their countries.
Fishman Island ArcEdit
- Nefertari Cobra: King of the Alabasta Kingdom.
- Neptune: King of the Ryugu Kingdom.
- Thalassa Lucas: King of the Ilusia Kingdom.
- Wapol: Former king of the Drum Kingdom.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 16 Chapter 142 and Episode 91, A Council of the Kings meeting is seen in a flashback; Cobra refers to it as "Reverie".
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 One Piece Manga — Vol. 63 Chapter 626 (p. 4), 10 years ago, Otohime presents the letter from a World Noble.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 63 Chapter 620 (p. 13), Hachi states that Ryugu Kingdom joined the World Government 200 years ago, and the King was granted a spot in the Reverie.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 63 Chapter 621 (p. 9), 16 years ago, Otohime states her wish to relocate Ryugu Kingdom and asks for signatures to present at that year's Reverie.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 63 Chapter 622 (p. 4), 15 years ago, Neptune states they won't be allowed to attend the next Reverie.