|The following article has no references to the official sources.|
|Pre-1997 timeline||One Piece by years|
- Eiichiro Oda's favorite manga, Dragon Ball, created by Akira Toriyama, was serialized in Shonen Jump. Dragon Ball became an influencial hit for Oda to create One Piece 13 years later.
- Eiichiro Oda became an assistant initially for Shinobu Kaitani for Weekly Shonen Jump manga Suizan Police Gang. He would eventually become an assistant after the completion of this series with Masaya Tokuhiro and ultimately Nobuhiro Watsuki for his popular Jump manga Ruroni Kenshin.
One Piece by yearsEdit
- August: The One Piece Manga series has officially begun.
- Anime: Defeat the Pirate Ganzack!
- Arcs: Arlong Park Arc, Loguetown Arc, Reverse Mountain Arc, Whiskey Peak Arc, 1st Part of Little Garden Arc.
- Others: While doing the Reverse Mountain Arc, an early concept of Brook appeared in Oda's mind, but will not be finalized until 2007.
- Anime: Syrup Village Arc, Baratie Arc, Arlong Park Arc, Buggy Side Story arc, 1st Part of Loguetown Arc, Movie 1, Episode Special 1.
- Arcs: 2nd Part of Alabasta Arc.
- Anime: 2nd Part of Loguetown Arc, Warship Island Arc, Reverse Mountain Arc, Whiskey Peak Arc, Diary of Coby-Meppo, Little Garden Arc, Drum Island Arc, 1st Part of Alabasta Arc, Movie 2, Jango's Dance Carnival.
- Arcs: 2nd Part of Skypiea Arc.
- Anime: 2nd Part of Skypiea Arc, G8 Arc, 1st Part of Long Ring Long Land Arc, Movie 5, Become the Pirate Baseball Kings!.
- Anime: 2nd Part of Long Ring Long Land Arc, Ocean's Dream Arc, Foxy's Return Arc, 1st Part of Water 7 Arc, Movie 6.
- Anime: 2nd Part of Water 7 Arc, 1st Part of Enies Lobby Arc, Movie 7, The Detective Memoirs of Chief Straw Hat Luffy.
- Anime: 2nd Part of Enies Lobby Arc, Post-Enies Lobby Arc, 1st Part of Lovely Land Arc, Episode of Alabasta: The Desert Princess and the Pirates.
- Others: Cross Epoch, a crossover between One Piece and Dragon Ball made by their respective authors Eiichiro Oda and Akira Toriyama.
- Arcs: 2nd Part of Thriller Bark Arc, Sabaody Archipelago Arc, Amazon Lily Arc, 1st Part of Impel Down Arc.
- Anime: 2nd Part of Lovely Land Arc, Thriller Bark Arc, 1st Part of Spa Island Arc, Episode of Chopper Plus, Romance Dawn Story.
- Others: In a 2008 poll, conducted by marketing research firm Oricon, Oda was elected fifth most favorite manga artists of Japan. He shared the place with Yoshihiro Togashi, creator of Hunter X Hunter. Also, One Piece becomes the highest selling manga of all time.
- Arcs: 2nd Part of Impel Down Arc, Straw Hat's Separation Serial, 1st Part of Marineford Arc, Chapter 0.
- Anime: 2nd Part of Spa Island Arc, Sabaody Archipelago Arc, Amazon Lily Arc, Straw Hat's Separation Serial, 1st Part of Impel Down arc, One Piece Film: Strong World.
- Arcs: 2nd Part of Marineford Arc; Post-War Arc; Straw Hats Return Arc, 1st Part of Fishman Island Arc.
- Manga: One Piece sells over 20 million volumes.
- Anime: 2nd Part of Impel Down Arc, One Piece Film Strong World: Episode 0, 1st Part of Marineford Arc.
- Others: In a 2010 poll, conducted by marketing research firm Oricon, Oda was voted fourth in a list of the "The mangaka who changed the manga history".
- Manga: One Piece sells a record 38 million volumes.
- Anime: 2nd Part of Marineford Arc, Post-War Arc, Return to Sabaody Arc, 1st Part of Fishman Island Arc.
- Manga: One Piece Manga 65 Sells 3 Million in Less Than 2 Months.
- Manga: One Piece becomes the best selling Manga series of all time with over 345 million copies in print. 
- Others: The New York Times runs an ad by the publisher Shueisha, thanking One Piece fans as they celebrate the record breaking 300 million copies that are in print.
- Anime: 2nd Part of Caesar Retrieval Arc, Dressrosa Arc
- Others: The spin-off manga One Piece Party, written and drawn by Ei Ando begins syndication in Saikyo Jump.
- Manga: One Piece is recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as having "the most copies published for the same comic book series by a single author", with 322,866,000 copies printed and circulated, from December 1997 till December 2014.
- Anime: 2nd Part of Dressrosa Arc
- Arcs: 2nd Part of Zou Arc
- Manga: Oda revealed that 2016 would be the "Year of Sanji".
- Anime: 3rd Part of Dressrosa Arc
- ↑ ANN: Oricon: Nana's Yazawa, DB's Toriyama are Most Popular
- ↑ One Piece is the top selling ever.
- ↑ http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-08-25/one-piece-manga-sells-20-million+books-just-in-2010
- ↑ Oricon News: 『日本の漫画史を変えた作 家』、“漫画の神様”手塚治虫が貫禄の1位
- ↑ http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2011-11-30/one-piece-sells-record-38-million-manga-volumes-in-2011
- ↑ http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-03-29/one-piece-manga-65-sells-3-million-in-less-than-2-months
- ↑ http://www.viz.com/node/1006043
- ↑ http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-11-20/one-piece-ad-to-run-in-new-york-times-plus-updated-prefecture-posters
- ↑ http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2015/6/japanese-manga-%E2%80%9Cone-piece%E2%80%9D-is-most-printed-comic-series-by-one-author-ever-385868
- ↑ http://onepiecepodcast.com/2015/12/20/24777/