The Island of Rare Animals is an island that is covered entirely by forest and has many strange animals on it, most of which are mixtures of two or more normal animals, including Cocox. Gaimon, the only human living on the island at the time, went there about twenty four years ago from the present storyline, along with the rest of his crew, searching for treasure, and was left behind. Twenty two years later, the Straw Hat Pirates arrived. Being the nice guy he is, Luffy helped Gaimon find the treasure chests he was searching for on a rock tower in the middle of the island. However, they were all empty.
Later, Buggy was spat ashore by a giant bird and discovered by Gaimon, which thought he was going to take away the rare animals and they got in a fight. When Buggy said he was actually a pirate, they became friends. Soon, Buggy made a raft and left the island, but was attacked by a giant crab on the shore.
|Giraffe-Dog||Duck-Poodle||Bear-Tiger||Zebra-Ostrich ≠||Hippo-Gorilla ≠|
|Panda-Bat ≠||Platypus-Sheep ≠||Rhinoceros-Kangaroo ≠||Tiger-Elephant ≠||Cow-Tortoise ≠|
The animals inhabiting the island include:
- A Fox/rooster hybrid (Cocox)
- A Snake/rabbit hybrid (Usagihebi)
- A Pig/lion hybrid (Lionbuta)
- A Giraffe/dog hybrid
- Poodle/duck hybrids
- A Bear/tiger hybrid
- A Zebra/ostrich hybrid
- Panda/bat hybrids
- A Hippo/gorilla hybrid
- Platypus/sheep hybrids
- A Tiger/elephant hybrid
- Rhinoceros/kangaroo hybrids
- A giant cow/tortoise hybrid
- A giant crab
- This is the island where the Straw Hat Pirates visit less time in canon history, with only one chapter (also in the anime they visit the island only in one episode).
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 3 Chapter 22 and Episode 18.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 6 Chapter 46 and Episode 46, Gaimon and Buggy fight.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 6 Chapter 47 and Episode 46, Gaimon and Buggy become friends.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 6 Chapter 50 and Episode 46, A giant crab attacks Buggy's raft.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 63 Chapter 620, cover story: From the Decks of the World Vol. 7.