It is the island to which a needle on the New World Log Pose responds to the most abnormally and as a result Vice Admiral Smoker expected Monkey D. Luffy to head to this island after leaving Fishman Island, which he did when he saw the new Log Pose, but was side tracked along the way by a pod of Island Whales. Urouge and the Fallen Monk Pirates were shown approaching the island and Urouge commented on the difficulty going ashore due to the lightning. Kasa was seen approaching the pirates, asking them if they wanted an umbrella.
The only known resident is Kasa, though in the anime she was accompanied by some other people in cloaks.
|Fallen Monk Pirates||Smoker||Tashigi|| G-5 Marines
Unit 01 Sailors
- Raijin is the god of thunder in Japanese mythology, which is probably why the island is named after him.
- There is an atmospheric phenomenon in Venezuela called Relámpago del Catatumbo (Catatumbo lightning) where lightnings strike 280 times per hour, 160 nights a year. It is also know as the "everlasting storm".
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 66 Chapter 655, Smoker mentions Raijin Island as one of the three possible islands to travel to after Fishman Island.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 60 Chapter 594 and Episode 511, Urouge first approaches the island.
- ↑ SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 69, Oda pointed out that Raijin Island was entered by Urouge.