Ship Design and AppearanceEdit
Queen Mama Chanter is an enormous ship, easily over twenty times the size of the Thousand Sunny; putting it in perspective with the Thousand Sunny, Big Mom's ship could tower over 500 meters. It has a prevalent confectionery theme, having frosting over its railings, ice cream cones at the top of its masts, candy canes and wafers on the sides of the main deck, and a large candle-lit, double-layered cake directly behind its figurehead. The figurehead is clown-shaped, wearing a tricorne hat and a crown. The aftcastle is shaped like a flan. Other parts of the ship likewise appear to be alive, such as the door to Sanji's quarters. The ship has numerous cannons mounted on its side. Several returned cannonballs damaged the starboard side.
The living figurehead continuously sings about itself being a ship, showing a somewhat joyful attitude. However, when the ship's starboard was damaged, it took a frightened expression.
Abilities and PowersEdit
As a ship, it can sail the seas and transport others on board. It transports a branch of the Big Mom Pirates, including several Chess Soldiers as well as officers of the crew and subordinate crews on board. It is also used to deliver supplies to Whole Cake Island, mainly the monthly fee of the protected islands.
As a homie, it was granted awareness by an unknown person's soul fragment, while still retaining its ship qualities. Despite being created by a Devil Fruit's power, being a ship enable it to float on sea water.
It is equipped with several cannons on its sides.
Sometime in the past, the ship was brought to life by the power of Charlotte Linlin's Soru Soru no Mi.
The ship attacked the Thousand Sunny after Vinsmoke Sanji, Nami, Tony Tony Chopper, Brook, Kozuki Momonosuke, and Caesar Clown fled from Dressrosa. The ship suffered some damage when the Straw Hat Pirates on board the Sunny fought back while trying to escape. They then received the order to retrieve Sanji as well for his upcoming wedding to Charlotte Pudding.
Whole Cake Island ArcEdit
After Bege brought Sanji and Caesar back to the ship, it sailed through Totto Land and returned to Whole Cake Island. After the destruction of the Whole Cake Chateau, the Queen Mama Chanter assembled with a fleet of Tarteships to hunt down the Straw Hats, the Fire Tank Pirates, and the Sun Pirates before they could escape Totto Land.
- Chanter means "to sing" in French.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 73 Chapter 730 (p. 12) and Episode 662, The ship debuts.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 https://bandai-hobby.net/item/1991/
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 82 Chapter 825 (p. 4) and Episode 783, The door to Sanji's private quarters is woken by Sanji's knock, upon which it starts singing about being a door.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 81 Chapter 807 (p. 8-11) and Episode 756, The Curly Hat Crew escape the Big Mom Pirates
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 81 Chapter 811 (p. 19) and Episode 762, The Queen Mama Chanter docks near Zou.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 82 Chapter 825 (p. 2-6) and Episode 783, The Big Mom Pirates and Fire Tank Pirates escort Sanji to Totto Land.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 885 (p. 14-15).