A queen is a female monarchic ruler of a kingdom.
Queens in One PieceEdit
Under normal circumstances, diarchic kingdoms are ruled under both the king and queen, alongside each other as husband and wife. However, at least in Amazon Lily, only women are allowed to live there, and as such, the queen (or empress) is the absolute monarchy of the kingdom, with no king or prince of any kind.
As with kings, the quality of a queen's rule is dependent on her personality, whether benevolent or corrupt. Nefeltari Titi, Gloriosa and Otohime all seemed to have great care of their respective kingdoms, with the latter even taking trivial matter into her own hands that is unfitting of a queen. On the other hand, a cruel woman may be rather tyrannical to her people, as seen with Boa Hancock, who was jaded by her past and acted cynical to everyone, and using her physical charms to justify her actions, which, nevertheless, prevented her people from getting angry with her (so long as they do not know of her said past). Miss Universe married her king husband after he created his new found wealth and power.
|Titi †||Boa Hancock||Gloriosa ‡||Miss Universe||Otohime †|
|Riku Matriarch *||Sarie Nantokanette||Charlotte Linlin||Sora †|
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- Boa Hancock is the empress of Amazon Lily. Her pirate epithet, as given by the World Government, is also "Pirate Empress" (海賊女帝 Kaizoku Jotei?)
- Miss Universe is the queen of the Black Drum Kingdom.
- Shirahoshi is the queen of the Sea Kings.
- Sarie Nantokanette is the queen of the Goa Kingdom.
- Charlotte Linlin is the queen of Totto Land.
- Nefeltari Titi is the late queen of Alabasta.
- Gloriosa is the former empress of Amazon Lily.
- Otohime is the late queen of the Ryugu Kingdom.
- Riku Matriarch.
- Sora is the late queen of the Germa Kingdom.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 23 Chapter 215 (p. 2) and Episode 129, Nefertari Titi, the late queen of Alabasta, is introduced on a bedside picture.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 One Piece Manga — Vol. 64 Chapter 635, cover story: From the Decks of the World Vol. 19, Miss Universe and Wapol are ruling over their new kingdom.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 0 Chapter 0 (p. 13) and Episode 0, Queen Titi is shown next to King Cobra.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 63 Chapter 621 (p. 4) and Episode 540, Otohime is first introduced.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 53 Chapter 515 (p. 12) and Episode 409, Hancock revealed to be their empress and pirate captain.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 53 Chapter 517 (p. 8) and Episode 411, Hancock refers Nyon as "former-former-former empress Gloriosa.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 66 Chapter 648 (p. 2) and Episode 568, The Sea Kings refer Shirahoshi as their long-awaited queen.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 82 Chapter 823.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 83 Chapter 829.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 84 Chapter 841, The matriarch of the Vinsmoke Family debuts.