The Pero Pero no Mi is a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that allows the user to turn people into candy and eat them, as well as manipulate candy at will, making the user a Candy Human (キャンディ人間 Kyandi Ningen?). It was eaten by Charlotte Perospero.
- Peropero (ぺろぺろ?) is the Japanese onomatopoeia for licking.
Strengths and WeaknessesEdit
This fruit allows the user to control and reshape candy to any form the user wants and make it move as if it was a mechanical construct, as shown when Perospero created a candy escalator that functions like a real one. Perospero is shown using his candy cane staff to direct his powers, but it is not known if it is necessary. Whether the user can produce candy or simply manipulate it is unknown. The candy he manipulates is edible, as he stated that the wedding guests could eat it when he was done with it. Perospero also claimed that he would turn Caesar into candy and lick him, effectively killing him, if he did not complete his gigantification research. Perospero also can bind his enemies with candy as he demonstrated on the Vinsmoke Family, and has enough strength to hold down the superhuman children of the family.
The candy conjured by the fruit's powers can melt after a certain time. Similarly, intense heat being applied with force can cause the candy to shatter.  Other than that, the fruit is susceptible to the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.
Perospero has displayed the fruit's powers by crafting an escalator out of candy during the opening of one of Big Mom's tea party. He also threatened to turn Caesar Clown into candy should the scientist fail to complete his gigantification research. He has been seen using hardened candy to bind the Vinsmoke Family to their seats at his mother's Tea Party.
- Candy Escalator (キャンディエスカレーター Kyandi Esukarētā?): Perospero waves his candy cane and conjures a candy escalator that is both working and edible at the same time.
- Although it is non-canon, this fruit is very similar to Gasparde's Ame Ame no Mi, both can manipulate and somewhat produce candy.
- Amezaiku - A Wikipedia article about candy craft artistry.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 One Piece Manga — Vol. 83 Chapter 834 (p. 16), Perospero is revealed to have eaten the Pero Pero no Mi, and he threatens to turn Caesar into candy.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 One Piece Manga — Chapter 860 (p. 10-12), The Pero Pero no Mi's power is first demonstrated.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 864, Perospero detained the Vinsmoke Family
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 861 (p. 2), The Candy Escalator melting after a while.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 865, Sanji uses Diable Jambe to free his family from the candy.