|One Piece: The Movie|
|Romanized Title:||Wan Pīsu|
|Official English Title:||One Piece: The Movie (Manga UK release)|
|Release Date(s):||March 4, 2000|
DVD: January 21, 2001
Blu-ray: November 21, 2009
|Chapters:||Chapter 79 (p. 1–2)|
|← Previous||Next →|
One Piece: The Movie is the first movie in the popular anime series One Piece. This movie features an original story which is separate from the storyline in the anime and manga. The story in this movie takes place after the Syrup Village Arc and before the Baratie Arc.
There once was a pirate known as the Great Gold Pirate Woonan, who obtained almost one-third of the world's gold. Over the course of a few years, the pirate's existence faded, and a legend grew that he disappeared with his gold to a remote island, an island pirates continue to search for. Aboard the Going Merry, Luffy and his crew, starved and reckless, are robbed of their treasure. In an attempt to get it back, they wreck the getaway ship, guided by a young boy named Tobio, who's a captured part of El Drago's pirate crew. El Drago's love for gold has driven him to look for Woonan's island, and thanks to Woonan's treasure map, he finds it. During this time, Luffy's crew have been split up, and despite their own circumstances, they must find a way to stop El Drago from obtaining Woonan's gold.
|Mayumi Tanaka||Monkey D. Luffy|
|Kazuya Nakai||Roronoa Zoro|
|Taiki Matsuno||Ganzo (young)|
|Takeshi Kusao||Woonan (young)|
|Kenji Utsumi||El Drago|
- In the end credits, a scene based on the cover page of Chapter 34 is shown, featuring the town musicians of Bremen (a donkey, a dog, a cat and a chicken) making their first appearance in an official One Piece movie. Their next appearance would be on Chapter 604's color spread.
- On the same picture, Pandaman can be clearly seen in the background.
- Since the Straw Hats have the Going Merry, but Sanji is not present (apart from during the credits), this film must take place between the Syrup Village Arc and the Baratie Arc. The Going Merry is flying Luffy's Jolly Roger, which means it must also take place after the Straw Hats visit the Island of Rare Animals.
- The color spread from Chapter 79 is shown at the end.
- During the part when Zoro and Luffy were rowing to the oden stand, the wood they were using is the figurehead of the Black Cat Pirates' ship.
External Links Edit
- One Piece Movie Site Promotional site for Movie 1. (Japanese)