Nuts Island is one of 34 islands surrounding Whole Cake Island as part of the Big Mom Pirates' main territory known as Totto Land. It is governed by Charlotte Amande, the Minister of Nuts (ナッツ大臣 Nattsu Daijin?). It is the third island of the Charlotte Family siblings' secret route to Whole Cake Island.
Less than 62 years ago, Nuts Island became part of the Big Mom Pirates territory also known as "Totto Land", and its appearance was changed to its current look using Charlotte Linlin and Streusen's Devil Fruits (the Soru Soru no Mi and Kuku Kuku no Mi respectively).
Whole Cake Island ArcEdit
After the Thousand Sunny escaped, a food-crazed Big Mom was distracted by the smell coming from Nuts Island. Ignoring Perospero's pleas, Big Mom rampaged on the island. The island's minister, Amande, arrived to try to dissuade Big Mom from destroying the island. During the chaos, Luffy and Brûlée arrived at the island via the Mirro-World. Seeing Luffy holding onto Brûlée, Perospero and Amande attempted to extricate Brûlée from Luffy's grasp, while Big Mom pursued him, demanding the wedding cake.
Luffy later escaped back into the Mirro-World and Big Mom eventually left, leaving Nuts Island in ruins. As Amande and the citizens recovered, the citizens questioned their way of life under Big Mom's "protection".
- The peanut structure with a top hat may be a reference to Mr. Peanut, the mascot of the Planters snack-food company best known for its processed nuts.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 One Piece Manga — Vol. 86 Chapter 859 (p. 14), The citizens of Totto Land celebrate Pudding's wedding.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 82 Chapter 827 (p. 5) and Episode 785, Pekoms explains Totto Land to the Sanji Retrieval Team.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 One Piece Manga — Vol. 87 Chapter 877 (p. 14), Amande position is revealed.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 83 Chapter 828 (p. 10) and Episode 787, Charlotte Pudding reveals the Charlotte siblings' secret route to Whole Cake Island.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 86 Chapter 868 (p. 8-11), Streusen and Linlin begin their takeover of the archipelago.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 88 Chapter 882 (p. 8).
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 88 Chapter 884.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 88 Chapter 885.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 89 Chapter 899 (p. 5), Nuts Island is seen after Big Mom's rampage.