- "Nuke" (抜け?) means "to escape", a reference to how phasing through solid objects permits one to escape confinement.
Strengths and WeaknessesEdit
The main strength of this fruit's power is to allow the user to phase through solid objects, allowing for an easier and more unconventional way to get around, as well as avoiding attacks from non-organic weapons and projectiles. The user can also share their intangibility with whatever they touch, allowing people or objects to phase through solid matter along wih him, or making the ground intangible to make people fall through the floor.
A weakness of this fruit is that the user cannot phase through organic objects, as seen when Tanaka could not escape from Nico Robin's grasp. Other than that, the user is also affected by the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.
As a security guard, Tanaka can use his fruit to easily travel to anywhere in Gran Tesoro where there may be a disturbance. Several rooms in Gran Tesoro do not have doors, allowing them to be accessible only by people whom Tanaka takes into the room. Tanaka sometimes uses his power against criminals by opening up the ground under them and sending them into a large cavern.
In combat, Tanaka jumps in and out of the ground around his opponents, shooting at them with his gun when he pops up and emerging in different places in order to disorient them.
- Through Illusion (スルー・イリュージョン Surū iryūjon?): Tanaka's signature move, in which he jumps in and out of the ground repeatedly, phasing into it and escaping detection. He emerges in various places around his opponents in order to overwhelm them, and shoots at them with his gun while in the air.
- Bottomless Hell (ボトムレス・ヘル Botomuresu Heru?): Tanaka creates a giant hole underneath his opponents, sending them falling all the way to the Golden Prison on Gran Tesoro.
- The ability is very similar to Senor Pink's Sui Sui no Mi, as they both allow the user to travel through solid matter.
- ↑ One Piece Film: Gold Trailer
- ↑ Weekly Shonen Jump 2016 Issue 14
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 One Piece Movie 13, Tanaka is revealed to have eaten the Nuke Nuke no Mi