|Manga - Anime|
|Official English Name:||Nola|
|Debut:||Chapter 255; Episode 168|
|Affiliations:||Shandia; Rubber Band Land|
|Epithet:||"Master of the Sky" (空の主 Sora no Nushi?)|
|Japanese VA:||Masaya Takatsuka|
|Funi English VA:||Kyle Hebert (Episode 168-176);
Peter Hawkinson (Episode 177-187);
Christopher Bevins (Episode 188+)
400 years ago, it was the size of a normal adult python.
Now Nola is bigger than most buildings and is long enough to reach out to the sky well above the trees of Skypiea (which alone are massive themselves). Nola is supposed to be much bigger than its ancestors since it was provided nutritions upon the sky.
Its head alone is large enough that people may dance on top of it, and its insides are so large they form a tunnel big enough for people to walk side by side down with no room restrictions.
It is blue in color with a single row of white hair on both sides, along its body. It has small, yellow eyes, and two long barbels hanging from the spot above its mouth, like a mustache. It also has dark blue wavy lines across the top of its body.
Nola is noted to be hot tempered and easily aggressive towards everything, attacking what crosses its path. Its foreboding and fearsome stance has earned it the title of "Master of the Sky".
Though fierce and violent, deep beneath its beastly shell lies a much gentler creature. When it was young it used to call out to the Shandorian Golden Belfry Bell as the sound made it happy. Upon hearing the bell for the first time in four hundred years, it proceeds to become much happier and once again returned to its gentle self it had been as a child singing out to the sound of the bell.
It is later seen after Enel's defeat dancing round a fire with the Shandia and Skypieans (some of which were on its head). This is a sharp contrast to its previous attitude where it just attacked everything. Its strange behavior has been noted to be extremely odd by other characters leading to question "What's up with that snake?".
Nola was fond of Noland and Calgara. Later, it also befriended Seto. When it awoke from being knocked out by the ordeal, its memories of its childhood and seeing Calgara and Seto walking away from it with it in pursuit made it charge at Giant Jack with tears in its eyes.
Nola is the grandchild of Kashigami, the previous "God" of the Shandia.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Nola is a powerful beast able to best even strong warriors like Wiper and Zoro easily. On top of its incredible strength to match its size, it also emits a powerful corrosive venom from its mouth. Its scales are also stronger than steel itself, as Zoro could not inflict any damage with his swords, and Wiper could not damage it with his Burn Bazooka. Though it is strong, its strength is not superior to the destructive force of a Reject Dial, as evidence of its failure to knock over Giant Jack. Also, it is no match to Enel's lightning powers, albeit this is because of lightning's conductive properties bypassing its powerful hide.
Nola was originally discovered by Noland's men, and Calgara who commented to Noland that the giant snake had a grandson. Nola lived in the remains of the city of Shandora and would follow Calgara and Noland around. Every time the bell of Shandora was rung, it would call out to the sky in happiness. After Noland had left, the Shandia later at some point had discovered it was female and named it "Nola" after Noland. When part of Jaya island was sent into the sky, it was taken along with it.
Sky Island SagaEdit
It unknowingly took part in the survival game set up by Enel and is one of the few who manages to reach Upper Yard, which during its trip up there it accidentally eats Luffy (who at first thinks its stomach is a cave), Nami, Aisa and Gan Fall but they eventually escape.
During the climax where Luffy needed to reach Enel's ship by knocking down the Giant Jack (a giant beanstalk) and spurred on by the visions of its youth, it helps the heroes by ramming into it, knocking itself out in the process. Its efforts, however, weakened the beanstalk enough for Wiper to give the final blow with a Reject Dial.
After Luffy rung the bell, Nola cried out in happiness. It was later seen celebrating with the Skypieans and Shandia around a fire. After the party, Nola slept heavily and while it was sleeping the Straw Hat Pirates went inside its mouth and retrieved the gold from inside before it awoke.
Two Years LaterEdit
Nola has been accepted by the Shandia, and it has become a living attraction for Rubber Band Land. Its height has made it the perfect candidate to be a part of the popular bungee jumping attraction. The attraction is called Nola-Bungee, which Shandia children enjoy.
- Nola is the oldest living creature in One Piece, being more than 400 years old. The next longest known species are giants, who live for roughly 300 years.
- Despite the fact that Nola has very strong and corrosive poison, real life pythons are actually not venomous.
- Nola was named by Seto after "Noland".
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 29 Chapter 273 (p. 11) and Episode 179, Nola's epithet is introduced by Enel.
- ↑ One Piece Blue Deep: Characters World (p. 130), Nola's birthday is given.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 31 Chapter 290 and Episode 188, Nola following Calgara and Noland around.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 32 Chapter 296 and Episode 191, Nola rams the beanstalk.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 32 Chapter 299 and Episode 193, Nola cries out to the bell.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 32 Chapter 300 and Episode 193, Nola parties with the others.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 32 Chapter 301 and Episode 194, Nola's stomach is raided by the Straw Hat Pirates.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 44 Chapter 424, cover: Where They Are Now, Conis, Nola, Aisa and Laki taking a walk.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 65 Chapter 646, cover story: From the Decks of the World Vol. 29, Nola playing with Shandia children.
- ↑ SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 35, Oda states that Nola was named after Noland.