|Official English Name:||New World|
|Debut:||Chapter 234; Episode 151|
|Compass:||New World Log Pose|
Islands within the New WorldEdit
The New World contains the island of Raftel, which is said to be the final island in the Grand Line. It is rumored that the legendary treasure of the Pirate King Gol D. Roger, One Piece, and the true history, found on the Rio Poneglyph, are located on this island. The Yonko, the four strongest pirates in the world, reside in the New World. The New World stretches from Mariejois to the other side of Reverse Mountain.
Some islands in the New World change their magnetic fields, which makes a special New World Log Pose necessary so as not to get lost. The stability of the magnetic field of an island tends to indicate how stable that island is. There are also a few rare islands in the New World that have no magnetic field, and cannot be navigated to by a Log Pose at all.
Other islands of interest within the New World are Wano Country, where the legendary swordsman, Ryuma, as well as Kin'emon and Momonosuke originated from. Also, somewhere in the New World is an island with a special shop where Vivre Cards are manufactured. The Marine Base G-5 also resides here, and according to Aokiji, it is full of problems. As is later demonstrated, the Marines of this base are wild and tend not to follow their orders. Marine Headquarters was also relocated to this sea some time within the two year timeskip and after the Whitebeard War.
According to Gekko Moriah, one will lose everything one cherishes in the New World, something he personally experienced. He also claimed that one shall face what he calls "The Ultimate Nightmare" there, indicating it is a very dangerous place for even the most talented pirates like himself. The New World is such an abhorrent challenge that some pirates refer to the first half of the Grand Line as "paradise" when comparing it to the second half.
While the "Paradise" of the Grand Line possesses highly volatile and unpredictable weather conditions, the "New World" is even more erratic. While certain islands are relatively simple in terms of weather and climate, such as the snowy Yukiryu Island and the rainy island the Kid Pirates were on, other portions of the ocean defy the very laws of physics and nature themselves. Examples include the lightning rain of Raijin Island, the Firetank Pirates being drawn toward a giant black sphere floating in the sky in the middle of the sea, and the On Air Pirates running on air.
Currently named locations in the New World are:
- Yukiryu Island
- Wano Country
- Marine Headquarters (formerly G-1)
- Whole Cake Island
- Raijin Island
- Risky Red Island
- Mystoria Island
- Punk Hazard
- Green Bit
- Flower Country
- Prodence Kingdom
- Mogaro Kingdom
- Doerena Kingdom
- Majiatsuka Kingdom
|Chapter 590; Episode 505||A green island.||The Red Hair Pirates and the Whitebeard Pirates buried Edward Newgate and Portgas D. Ace here, after the Battle of Marineford.|
|Chapter 594; Episode 511||It is an island with rocky pointed pinnacles.||The Kid Pirates landed here after the Battle of Marineford. They defeated Haritsu Kendiyo's pirate crew on this island.|
|Chapter 594; Episode 511||It is a flying island with a mysterious power of attraction.||After the Battle of Marineford, the Firetank Pirates' ship got caught by its attraction ability.|
|Chapter 595; Episode 513||One of Kaido's favorite winter islands with metallic fake mountains and trees. It is protected by Scotch.||Before timeskip|
|Chapter 595; Episode 513||An island where people can run on air.||Scratchmen Apoo landed here after the Battle of Marineford.|
|Chapter 595; Episode 513||A fiery island with huge totem similar to Pre-Columbian civilizations.||After the Battle of Marineford, the Blackbeard Pirates landed here and defeated the Bonney Pirates. When Sakazuki appeared, Marshall D. Teach and his crew ran away, and the admiral caught Jewelry Bonney.|
|Chapter 673; Episode 599||A green island with huge mountains and spherical trees.||Mocha, Sind, Uzu and other children guinea-pig of Caesar Clown came from this island. Yarisugi talks with their parents here.|
|Chapter 677; Episode 603||The headquarters of the Kid Pirates in the New World. It has huge mountains, even bigger trees and a castle.||During the events of the Punk Hazard Arc, Eustass Kid, Scratchmen Apoo, and Basil Hawkins met here to form a pirate alliance.|
- The term "New World" is a reference to the Western Hemisphere (including North America, South America, Central America and the Caribbean), which was nicknamed the "New World" during the era of European exploration/colonization. This was in contrast to the "Old World", or the Eastern Hemisphere in the perspective of a eurocentric world view.
- In the anime, the New World is entered differently than in the manga. Instead of coming out in a sea of fire, the Straw Hats emerge into a storm, and effectively the Maubeugemour Sea.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 45 Chapter 433 (p. 8) and Episode 315, Coby tells Luffy of the New World.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 25 Chapter 234 (p. 12-13) and Episode 151, Whitebeard is introduced
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 45 Chapter 433 (p. 7) and Episode 315, Coby prepares to inform Luffy of the New World.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 47 Chapter 450 and Episode 344, Hogback explains the Wano Country's location.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 50 Chapter 489 and Episode 381, Lola explains the origins of the Vivre Card.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 48 Chapter 463 and Episode 358, Moriah speaks of the terror of the New World.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 60 Chapter 594 and Episode 511, A comparison between of the first and second halves of the Grand Line.