Napoleon is a large pink bicorne hat with a Jolly Roger on the front of it; the Jolly Roger consists of a skull with yellow eyes, two crossed knives, and a curled white mustache. It emotes through the skull of the Jolly Roger, seeing with the eyes and talking with the mouth. Napoleon also has a yellow stripe around its top, and a fastener on its left side.
20 years before the current timeline, Napoleon had a crack from his right forehead.
Napoleon is often seen making the same expressions as Big Mom, and usually keeps a straight face otherwise. It cares about Sweet City and its well-being, as it tried to stop Big Mom from destroying it in one of her craving-induced rampages.
Abilities and PowersEdit
Napoleon is more powerful than normal homies, being made from a fragment of Big Mom's very own soul. This gives the bicorne a will strong enough to resist the soul projection of the Yomi Yomi no Mi's user. It is capable of receiving signals from other homies and relay the received information back to Big Mom.
Napoleon also contains a retractable sword, with the handle at its bottom and the blade at its top, allowing it to be grabbed and wielded by Big Mom. It can also attack on its own.
- Ikoku (威国 Ikoku?, literally meaning "Mighty Nation"): Big Mom swings Napoleon with such force that she creates a shockwave that destroys everything in its path, enough to pierce through a large part of Whole Cake Island. The speed and range of this attack is such that King Baum, a noted fast runner, could not completely avoid it in time, losing about a third of his face to the wave. Befitting its description as "Spear of Elbaf" (エルバフの槍 Erubafu no Yari?), and as noted by Luffy, it is very similar to Dorry and Brogy's combination attack, "Hakoku".. In the Viz manga, it is called Ikoku Sovereignty.
Whole Cake Island ArcEdit
When Big Mom developed a craving for croquembouche and went on a rampage through Sweet City, Napoleon grew worried and tried convincing her to not destroy the city, though its pleas were not heard. Big Mom was later satiated by Jinbe.
Two days later, Napoleon discussed with its captain about Straw Hat Luffy's chances of defeating Charlotte Cracker and escaping the Seducing Woods, assuming the invader was doomed since the very moment he confronted Cracker. It also told Big Mom about the recent arrival of Vinsmoke Ichiji and Vinsmoke Niji on the island.
When Big Mom slept that night, she spotted a fly and slammed it into the ground. Thinking there was an intruder in the room, Napoleon turned into a large sword and, along with Zeus and Prometheus, attacked the spot where Big Mom swatted the fly, before going back to sleep.
On the day of Sanji and Pudding's wedding, Napoleon was worn by Big Mom for the event as they eagerly awaited for their chance to assassinate the Vinsmoke Family. However, the unexpected arrival of the Straw Hat Pirates and their breaking of Big Mom's beloved picture of Carmel resulted in Big Mom flying into a rage and releasing a powerful burst of haki that seemingly knocked out Napoleon as well, leaving its eyes completely blackened.
After the Whole Cake Chateau collapsed and Big Mom began having a craving illness for wedding cake, Perospero lied to her and told her that the Straw Hats had a spare cake. Big Mom quickly caught up to them while riding on Zeus and prepared to attack them with Napoleon. Using Napoleon, Big Mom unleashed a devastating air slash that sliced off part of King Baum, which the Straw Hats were riding. As Big Mom prepared to attack again, Nami diverted Zeus' attention with thunderclouds, which caused the cloud homie to veer off-course to eat them, dropping Big Mom and Napoleon to the ground. As Prometheus angrily asked Zeus what it was doing, Napoleon reflected on how absorbed Zeus was by the thunderclouds.
As Big Mom pursued the Thousand Sunny on the seas with Perospero's assistance, Perospero conversed with Napoleon and spoke of his newfound hatred for the Straw Hats due to the injuries Pedro inflicted on him. Napoleon then commented that criminals of Totto Land do not have a future.
- Napoleon and Big Mom vs. Sanji Retrieval Team and King Baum
- Napoleon is named after Napoleon Bonaparte, who wore bicorne hats to the point where the bicorne hat is most commonly associated with him.
- "Napoleon" is another name for mille-feuille, a French dessert. There is also a Danish cake called "Napoleonshat" which is shaped like a tricorne and usually has a filling consisting of marzipan. This follows the food-themed naming of the Big Mom Pirates and Charlotte Family.
- Napoleon shares the same voice actor as its fellow special Homies, Prometheus and Zeus.