|Mini Merry II|
|Romanized Name:||Mini Merī Ni-gō|
|First Appearance:||Chapter 444; Episode 339|
|Affiliations:||Straw Hat Pirates|
Ship Design and AppearanceEdit
The Mini Merry is a small boat with a steam engine and paddle wheels. Its figurehead design is based on the original Going Merry's sheep figurehead. Its main design purpose is for shopping and it can hold up to four people.
After finishing building the Thousand Sunny and joining the Straw Hat Pirates, Franky decided to do something special for his crew mates. Knowing how special the Going Merry was to the crew, he made the Mini Merry II as a reminder of the original ship. By creating this, it would be like the original Going Merry was resurrected.
Thriller Bark ArcEdit
When the crew arrived at Thriller Bark, Franky decided to finally reveal this to the rest of the crew. The Mini Merry II made the crew very happy with Franky, and they thanked him for making it. Nami, Usopp and Chopper rode on it for the first time to Thriller Bark. However, they got lost in the fog and Nami could not tell where they were going. The Mini Merry II crashed into the island, throwing the three to the bottom of the moat. The boat then drifted and was caught in a giant spiderweb created by the Zombie General Tararan. There, it remained until the Straw Hat Pirates reclaimed it after the events on the island.
Punk Hazard ArcEdit
Luffy, Zoro, Usopp and Robin used the Mini Merry II to go to Punk Hazard using the Milky Road created by Nami. After arriving at the island, they pulled the Mini Merry II on land. While it was left behind when they traveled to ice half of the island, Franky recovered it before the Straw Hats left the island.
Anime and Manga DifferencesEdit
Originally in the manga, the Mini Merry II was first shown when Franky showed it to Nami, Usopp, and Chopper for them to ride on. In the anime however, it made a slightly earlier appearance. Except for a clear view of its figurehead, the vessel was seen being made by Franky in his workshop after he was scolded by Nami for altering her waver without her permission.
The Mini Merry was hinted at earlier during the Lovely Land Arc of the anime, in an overhead diagram of the Soldier Dock System. In the diagram, it showed a small hint of it at where the vessel would be kept.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 46 Chapter 444 and Episode 339, the Mini Merry is first introduced to the Straw Hats.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 66 Chapter 655 and Episode 579, Luffy, Zoro, Usopp and Robin use the Mini Merry II to travel to Punk Hazard
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 70 Chapter 698 and Episode 624, Franky says he picked up the Mini-Merry II.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 337, most of the Mini Merry is seen being made by Franky in his workshop.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 329, the Mini Merry is hinted at in the anime during the Lovely Land Arc in a diagram.