- "Memo" comes from the word "memory".
Strengths and WeaknessesEdit
By reaching into their target's head, the user can extract their memories in the form of film strips. By cutting out frames, they can remove that part of the target's memory, and by pasting in other people's frames, they can add new memories to the target. The removed frames can seemingly be kept for long periods of time, as Pudding had a soldier's memory stored away. This memory alteration can be a powerful tool to alter the target's mind. The memory extraction appears to be painful for the target and can cause them to faint afterwards, allowing the user to place them in a different area in order to complete the illusion.
This fruit seems to require the target to be within arm length from the user. The target will also need to be restrained or isolated until the memory modifications are done. Furthermore, unlike another memory altering Devil Fruit, if the user is unaware of being eavesdropped or spied on, they are unable to modify the third party memory of an event. If the third party is able to inform the victim of what really happened, then this fruit's power is meaningless. Additionally, despite the switching of memory, the victim might still suspect their new memories are false if there are other memories that can contradict it. This fruit does not seem to have any combative usage. To remove a memory, the user seemingly must have a pair of scissors. Other than that, this fruit is susceptible to the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.
Pudding uses this power to modify the memories of her victims to prevent them from implicating her plans. After she shot and captured Vinsmoke Reiju and gloated to her about the truth of a plotted betrayal during the wedding ceremony, Pudding used this power to remove Reiju's memories of their encounter, replacing it with a memory of being shot by a stray bullet. She also seems to collect other people's memories in order to use them for memory alterations.
- Edit (編集 (エディット) Editto?): Pudding cuts out part of a target's memory and adds someone else's memory to take its place. This was first seen with Vinsmoke Reiju.
- This fruit's memory-altering powers are similar to those of the Hobi Hobi no Mi. However, its powers are an inversion, as they affect the target's memory rather than the memories of those who know the target. It can also add memories and remove selected ones, rather than remove them entirely as the Hobi Hobi no Mi does.
- The necessity of a pair of scissors for this power to sever a physical manifestation of a concept from a victim is similar to the Kage Kage no Mi.
- The memory manifestation as a roll of film matches Pudding's acting talents.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 One Piece Manga — Vol. 85 Chapter 851 (p. 12-13), Pudding uses her ability to manipulate Reiju's memories.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 One Piece Manga — Vol. 85 Chapter 852, Sanji is able to inform Reiju of the truth and she believes him because she was originally investigating Pudding due to acting "too nice" and suspected the truth of her new memories.