|Alias:||"Capman" (キャップマン Kyappuman?)|
|Epithet:||"Maynard the Pursuer" (追撃のメイナード Tsuigeki no Meinādo?)|
Maynard is a muscular, broad-chested man with dark hair tied up in a wild ponytail that sticks out to one side. He also has a dark beard and a mustache.
His outfit is entirely dark-colored and consists of a cap, studded belt, briefs, a studded band on his left thigh, and sandals that reach just below his knees and are studded down the front. Under his cap he has on what appears to be either a mask or sunglasses.
As a Marine, Maynard has a strong sense of justice. He seems extremely brutal in his execution of orders, since he pummeled Gambia and left him in the garbage room. This indicates that he believes in absolute justice.
Abilities and PowersEdit
- Further information: Haki
Pirate Alliance SagaEdit
He went undercover at the Corrida Colosseum tournament as fighter No. 0429, using the alias "Capman".
While reporting the names of competitors to his colleagues, he was discovered by Gambia. As Gambia questioned Maynard about what he was doing, he told his colleagues that he will call back in ten minutes. After hanging up, the vice admiral defeated Gambia and then unceremoniously left the pirate in the garbage room. While washing his hands, he called back to his colleague and told him to cross Gambia's name out, saying that he was mistaken about him and there was no need to worry.
- His name is possibly a reference to Robert Maynard, the English Royal Navy captain who killed the real-life pirate, Blackbeard.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 One Piece Manga — Vol. 71 Chapter 705, Maynard makes his debut, and was defeated by Bartolomeo.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 60 Chapter 594 (p. 7) and Episode 511, Fishbonen states Haki is a power all the vice admirals use.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 72 Chapter 717, Bastille fails to get in touch with Maynard.