|Official English Name:||Longarm Tribe|
|First Appearance:||Chapter 498; Episode 392|
|Features:||Long arms (double elbowed)|
The Longarm Tribe is a tribe in the series.
As their name suggests, all members of the Longarm Tribe seen so far have two elbow joints on each arm, which results in them having abnormally long arms. Furthermore, most members seen so far wear Chinese style clothing, with a kanji in the front. The kanji varies from person to person. Other than that, they have the same appearance as normal humans. Ideo, in particular, kept his extra joint tucked above his shoulder which gives him the appearance of unusually long shoulders, and also allowing him to extend his arms at unexpected time and launch powerful punches.
From two prominent members seen — Scratchmen Apoo and Ideo — the tribe's combat style revolves around their long arms and extra joint. Apoo uses his extra joint in conjuncture with his Devil Fruit power to transform them into weaponized musical instruments, while Ideo compresses his joint up to his shoulder to create explosive punching power and act as a surprise attack.
Apparently they are the ones responsible for destroying the country Harahetternia on Namakura Island. The cultists of Namakura Island were in the middle of trying to summon Satan, wanting him to help them destroy the Longarm Tribe. However, due to Bartholomew Kuma, Brook landed right in the middle of the summoning. Believing him to be Satan, the people of Namakura Island wanted him to help them get revenge on the Longarm Tribe. Three members of the Longarm tribe then proceeded to kidnap Brook to put him on display as the world's only moving skeleton. Two years later, the three longarms who kidnapped Brook all became his managers when he became a famous rockstar known as "Soul King". However, upon learning that Brook is a pirate, and that he plans to retire after one final concert in order to rejoin the Straw Hats, the three called the Marines to turn him in, but the Marines were prevented by the fans from arresting Brook so that he could perform his last song. They were very furious when Brook made his escape with the help of the Rosy Life Riders. Brook's cane sword "Soul Solid" was sharpened by the Longarm Tribe.
Members of the Longarm TribeEdit
|Scratchmen Apoo||Sancrin||Ideo||Shuzo ≠||??????|
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- They appear to be based on Japanese legendary creature called a Tenaga-jin (手長人?), whose most notable characteristic is their long arms. They are half of a pair called Ashinaga-tenaga (足長手長 "Long Legs Long Arms"?), the other being the Ashinaga-jin (足長人?), which the Longleg Tribe is based on.
- Unlike their counterpart, the Longleg Tribe, the Longarm tribe has two joints in their characteristic long limbs.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 51 Chapter 498 (p. 15) and Episode 392, Apoo's infobox mentions his tribe.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 51 Chapter 501 (p. 7) and Episode 395, Duval shows Sanji a list of tribes and their respective slavery auction prices.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 One Piece Manga — Chapter 772 (p. 14-16), Dellinger finds out Ideo is of the Longarm Tribe.