The Kyubu Kyubu no Mi is a Paramecia Devil Fruit eaten by Gairam. It allows the user to cut anything they touch into cubes and control these structures, making the user a Cube Human (キューブ人間 Kyūbu Ningen?).
- "Kyubu" comes from "Kyūbu" (キューブ?), the Japanese way of pronouncing the word "cube".
- In the FUNimation subs, it is called the Cube-Cube Fruit.
Strengths and WeaknessesEdit
The main strength of this fruit allows the user to make anything into a cube and stack them. The user is also able to levitate the cubes and form structures from them such as towers and mazes or use one as a floating platform. The user can also compress the air around them or even living creatures — such as humans — around them into cubes.
This fruit does not have any specific weaknesses outside of the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.
Gairam primarily uses this fruit's power for combat. He is also able to channel the fruit's power through his hammer to turn whatever he strikes with it into cubes.
- Cubreak (キューブレーク Kyūburēku?): Gairam puts his hand on a structure and breaks it down into cubes. He first used this on a Marine battleship. This is called Cube Break in the Funimation subs.
- Cubooster (キューブースター Kyūbūsutā?): Gairam sends the cubes he creates flying at his opponent in order to crush them. This is first used against Luffy. This is called Cube Booster in the Funimation subs.
- Air Cube (エアキューブ Ea Kyūbu?): Gairam uses the air itself to create a cube of compressed air in his hands.
- Totem Cube (トーテムキューブ Tōtemu Kyūbu?): After transforming his opponent into a cube, Gairam stacks several cubes on top of each other with them on top and knocks away the bottom cube to torment them. This was first used against Buggy.
- Gairam's Air Cubooster is similar in principle to Bartholomew Kuma's Ursus Shock, only much less destructive.