- "Kuku" is short for Kukku (クック?), the Japanese pronunciation of "cook".
- In the official English translation, it is called the Cook-Cook Fruit.
Strengths and WeaknessesEdit
With this fruit, the user has easy access to food to feed themselves and others just by transforming an object into it. The user does not even need to cook the food. However, while the food created by the user can provide nourishment, it apparently tastes poorly, as Big Mom remarked. Other than that, the user is still affected by the standard Devil Fruit weakness.
Sixty-three years ago, Streusen was seen making meat out of a log by cutting it, and was immediately able to eat the meat. Streusen is very skilled in using his Devil Fruit, as he was able to transform an entire castle into food in an instant.
- Veränderung Gourmet (変化食(フェアエンデルングルメ) Feaenderun Gurume?, meaning "Transformation Food"): Streusen stabs his sword into an object and transforms it into food. It was first used to change the collapsing Whole Cake Chateau into a real sponge cake with whipped cream in order to save the people on it and the residents of Sweet City below from the debris. Veränderung is German for "change". This technique is called Gourmetamorphosis in the VIZ manga.
- This fruit is similar to the Ato Ato no Mi as they both transform everyday objects according to the user's imagination.
- Coincidentally, Kanjuro's unnamed Devil Fruit can also create edible products which are stated to have a poor taste.
- This Devil Fruit's name is reminiscent of Streusen's signature laughter, "Kukukuku". He shares this attribute with Edward Newgate and his Gura Gura no Mi ("Gurararara") and Perona and her Horo Horo no Mi ("Horohorohoro").
- This is the first and so far only Devil Fruit with a name composed of a single katakana. In this case, Ku (ク?)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 One Piece Manga — Vol. 86 Chapter 868 (p. 4), The powers of the Kuku Kuku no Mi are revealed.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 832, Streusen uses his power on the wedding venue floor to bring out the wedding cake.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 87 Chapter 872 (p. 15), Big Mom comments about Streusen's newly made sponge cake.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 87 Chapter 872 (p. 11), Streusen save the tea party attendees and Sweet City.