Kitetsu is a school of swordsmiths who crafted the Kitetsu sword series.
The Kitetsu swordsmiths are very skilled, having forged some of the most powerful swords in the world. Each of their blades are cursed, and are said to eventually kill their wielder. Because of this, it was said that no one would use any Kitetsu sword in recent times. Some people were even paranoid that if someone would sell a Kitetsu sword and the curse killed the new wielder, it would come back to the seller. However, a person's luck can overcome the blade's curse. This was considered so rare that an arms shop owner who witnessed this was so impressed that he gave away his family's heirloom for free to the swordsman.
Each of the swords were made by different generations of swordsmiths. With every generation, the swords made were weaker than their predecessors.
- Shodai Kitetsu (Saijo O Wazamono grade sword)
- Nidai Kitetsu (O Wazamono grade sword crafted by Kotetsu)
- Sandai Kitetsu (Wazamono grade sword)
- Kitetsu literally means "Demon-Splitter".
- Both Nidai Kitetsu and Sandai Kitetsu have a rounded cross pattée tsuba.
- A member of the Five Elders also have a sword with a similar shaped tsuba.
- The Kitetsu swords are not the only cursed swords in the world of One Piece, as it was revealed that Law's sword, Kikoku, is also a cursed sword.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 11 Chapter 97 (p. 12-17) and Episode 49, The Kitetsu swords are first mentioned.
- ↑ One Piece Yellow: Grand Elements, Kitetsu is revealed to be the name of a school of swordsmiths.