|The following article has no references to the official sources.|
Kitetsu is a swordsmith who crafted the Kitetsu sword series. He has not made an appearance in the series.
History and Known WorkEdit
Kitetsu is a extremely skilled master swordsmith, having forged swords powerful enough to be classified among the Sajio O Wazamono and the O Wazamono Grade Swords, even his weakest sword Sandai Kitetsu has fearsome sharpness and strength. Each of Kitetsu's blades, which are all named after him, are cursed, and bring tragedy to whom ever wields them. However, Roronoa Zoro, who wields the Sandai Kitetsu, is an exception, as his luck surpasses the curse.
It seems from their name and classification, the Kitetsu swords were made weaker with each new sword. Being of the highest grade of the three swords, Shodai Kitetsu is the strongest of all the Kitetsu swords. Its name also indicates that it was the first of the three to be made. Nidai Kitetsu was the second to be made. It was graded in the Ō Wazamono making it the middle of the three swords in terms of strength. The Sandai Kitetsu is the weakest of all the Kitetsu swords. Its name also indicates it was the last of the three to be made.
- Shodai Kitetsu (Saijo O Wazamono Grade Swords)
- Nidai Kitetsu (O Wazamono Grade Swords)
- Sandai Kitetsu (Wazamono Grade Swords)
- Kitetsu's name literally means "Demon-Splitter".
- Kitetsu's knack for making cursed swords that harm its user seemingly matches the cursed swords created by the Japanese swordsmith, Muramasa Sengo.
- The Kitetsu swords bears resemblance of a Tyrfing, a mythical sword that had the ability to cut through rocks like cloth, but also was cursed by its maker to cause death to its user.
- The Kitetsu swords are not the only cursed swords in the world of One Piece, as it was revealed that Law's sword, Kikoku, is also a cursed sword.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 11 Chapter 97 and Episode 49, Kitetsu and his works are mentioned by Ippon-Matsu.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 11 Chapter 97 (p. 13) and Episode 49, Tashigi explains the ranking of the Kitetsu swords.