|Kama Kama no Mi|
|Romanized Name:||Kama Kama no Mi|
|English Name:||Sickle-Sickle Fruit;
Slash-Slash Fruit (Odex)
|Usage Debut:||Episode 56|
The Kama Kama no Mi is an anime-only Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that gives the user two-inch long claws and the ability to attack with blades of air. Kama (鎌) means "sickle". It can also come from the word kama-itachi, which means "wind-scythe", but can also mean "sickle-weasel", a Japanese demon with sickle-like appendages, slashing like the wind, referenced to this fruit's powers. In the FUNimation dub, it is called the Sickle-Sickle Fruit; and in the Odex dub it's called the Slash-Slash Fruit. It was eaten by Eric.
Strengths and WeaknessesEdit
The main strength of this fruit is that it lengthens the nails of the user of two inches, which are capable of slicing through the air itself, creating razor-sharp vacuum blades that can slice through the targets from a distance, thus allowing long range attacks. The nails themselves can also be used in close-quarters combat, as seen when Eric cut a retreating Marine.
This fruit does not seem to have any specific weaknesses, aside from the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses. However, the name of the Devil Fruit sounds close to "okama", thus may cause of confusion to others in regards to that aspect. Also, in the concept art, Eric is seen filing his nails, hinting that he has to keep them sharp in order to use his powers.
This Devil Fruit gives Eric sharp nails to cut his enemies, both directly or slash through the air to create sharp air blades. Despite the cutting power it offers, Luffy was able to withstand Eric's attack with ease.
- Kama Kama no Tsumujikaze (カマカマの旋風 Kama Kama no Tsumijikaze?, literally meaning "Sickle Sickle Whirlwind"): Eric releases a powerful air blade that slashes the enemy multiple times on contact. It is strong enough to slice through rock. In a variation, he can also launch two of them in a "X" formation. In the FUNimation dub, this is called Sickle-Sickle Whirlwind. In the Odex dub, this is called Slash Slash Whirlwind.
- Kama Kama no Kamaitachi (カマカマの鎌鼬 Kama Kama no Kamaitachi?, literally meaning "Sickle Sickle Wind Scythe"): Eric releases a single, small air blade that nonetheless is still powerful enough to slice through rock. In the FUNimation dub, this is called Sickle-Sickle Wind Slash.
- Kama Kama no Kamaitachi Midareuchi (カマカマの鎌鼬乱れ撃ち Kama Kama no Kamaitachi Midaeruchi?, literally meaning "Sickle Sickle Wind Scythe Chaotic Strike"): Eric's ultimate technique and a stronger version of Kama Kama no Kamaitachi, he slashes many times, releasing multiple air blades on to the enemy before unleashing a powerful whirlwind of razor air that can effortlessly slice through solid rocks. In the FUNimation dub, this is called Sickle-Sickle Wind Slash: Rapid Fire. In the Odex dub, this is called Slash Slash Weasel's Slash.
- Due to a mishearing of the Devil Fruit's name, some of the Straw Hats mistook the name of the fruit as "Okama Okama" and thought Eric was an okama, much to his annoyance. In the FUNimation dub, this joke is carried over with the Straw Hats mistaking the Sickle-Sickle Fruit for the Sicko-Sicko Fruit. In the Odex dub, this is changed entirely to Luffy and Sanji calling him "Eric the Weasel", as Eric was claiming to "have the weasel's slash". Apis, later, mistakenly said that Eric ate the "Slush Slush Fruit".
- This is the first anime-only Devil Fruit eaten by an antagonist.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One Piece Anime — Episode 56, Eric demonstrates the fruit's power with his Kama Kama no Tsumujikaze technique.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 61, Luffy easily withstood Eric's air blades.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 58, Eric unleashes the Kama Kama no Kamaitachi against Zoro.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 61, Eric unleashes the Kama Kama no Kamaitachi Midareuchi against Luffy.
- Kamaitachi - Wikipedia article on the creature the Devil Fruit relates to.
- Kama-itachi - Obakemono Project article on the creature the Devil Fruit relates to.