|Kachi Kachi no Mi|
|Romanized Name:||Kachi Kachi no Mi|
|Meaning:||Sound of knocking stones together to create a fire|
The Kachi Kachi no Mi is a movie-only Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that allows the body of the user to harden and heat up body temperature at will. "Kachikachi" is the Japanese onomatopoeia for stones knocking against one another to create fire, a reference to the heating up power of the fruit. It can also be the sound effect of something hardening, another reference to the powers of the fruit. It was eaten by Bear King.
Strengths and WeaknessesEdit
This fruit allows the eater to harden the body at will, increasing defense capabilities. Not even the drilling power of the King Cannon could break through it, as it was the floor caving in that killed him. The user can also increase the temperature of their hardened body portions, which can be be used to increase damage done to the opponent, enough to set his chair ablaze upon contact.
This fruit does not seem to have any other specific weaknesses, aside from the standard Devil Fruit weakness.
Bear King basically hardens his body to increase defense. This also augments his offense, allowing him to hit harder. He also increases his body temperature to burn his opponent on contact.
- Hot Boiling Special (ホットボーリングスペシャル Hotto Boiringu Supesharu?): Bear King heats his fist up and punches the enemy.
- The "heat-up" ability is seen once again in the anime, from the Atsu Atsu no Mi, eaten by Don Accino.
- Kachi-kachi Yama - Wikipedia article about the Japanese folktale the "Kachi Kachi" sound is often referred to.
- Netnihon Fairy Tales & Legends: Kachi-kachi Yama - Netnihon Fairy Tales & Legends entry about the Japanese folktale the "Kachi Kachi" sound is often referred to.
- Kachikachi-yama - Kids Web Japan folktale entry about the Japanese folktale the "Kachi Kachi" sound is often referred to.