The Inu Inu no Mi, Model: Wolf is a Carnivorous Zoan-type Devil Fruit that allows its user to transform into a wolf hybrid (which almost resembles a werewolf) and a full wolf at will, making the user a Wolf Human (狼人間 Ōkami Ningen?). It was eaten by Jabra.
- "Inu" is Japanese for "dog", and wolves are in the same family as dogs.
- While the kanji is written as 狼 (ōkami? Japanese for "wolf"), the pronunciation remains as urufu, the Japanese way to pronounce the species' name.
- In the Viz Manga, it is called the Mutt-Mutt Fruit Wolf Model.
- In the FUNimation dub, it is called the Dog-Dog Fruit, Model: Wolf.
Strengths and WeaknessesEdit
The fruit's major strength, as demonstrated by Jabra, is that its user gains more physical strength in their hybrid and full wolf forms, equivalent to that of a real wolf and more. Any physical fighting style that the user has, like the Rokushiki for example, is generally made more lethal with the additional strength bestowed upon them. Notably, carnivorous Zoan-types are said to be especially vicious. The user is also granted with the additional weapons of claws and fangs, which can be used effectively in attacks, and can greatly increase the potency of their normal fighting style techniques, as was demonstrated with Jabra's far more lethal Shigan while in half-wolf form.
The fruit so far does not seem to have any specific weaknesses outside the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.
The powers of the fruit have been used mostly by Jabra for combat purposes in conjunction with Rokushiki and Tekkai Kenpo in order to make him a more lethal fighter; as a carnivorous animal, his combat abilities are boosted much more than an average Zoan-class Devil Fruit user. When used together with his underhanded tactics to make opponents drop their guard in front of him, they give Jabra an advantage that most predators in the wild have.
While not battling, Jabra has also used the Devil Fruit powers to help him in non-assassin based circumstances. In order to help his strongest fellow CP9 agent, Rob Lucci, after the incident in Enies Lobby, Jabra has used his Devil Fruit powers to help raise Lucci's medical funds. While in his full wolf form, Jabra decided to put on a street performance wherein he would jump through hoops of fire to thrill passersby and earn some money for Lucci's cause.
- Though not exactly verified, Jabra claims that when he turns into his hybrid form and gains more physical strength, his doriki level also increases due to the Devil Fruit's powers.
- This is first seen shadowed during a short altercation between Jabra and Lucci when insulting each other for each other's animal theme (respectively dog and cat) after returning to Enies Lobby.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 42 Chapter 401 (p. 16) and Episode 286, Jabra reveals his devil fruit's name.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 42 Chapter 402 (p. 3) and Episode 286, Usopp calls Jabra a Wolf Human.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 51 Chapter 498, cover story: CP9's Independent Report Vol. 8, Jabra thrills audiences by jumping through a hoop of fire while in his wolf form.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 40 Chapter 379 and Episode 266.