In One PieceEdit
Jesus Burgess is the helmsman of the Blackbeard Pirates, and the first one to be introduced into the series. It is unknown if Burgess is still a helmsman, as he was promoted to captain of the Blackbeard Pirates' first ship somewhere around the time Blackbeard became one of the Yonko.
Shiki is the helmsman of the Golden Lion Pirates, in addition to being the crew's captain. This is because the movement of his ship is controlled and levitated in the air by his Fuwa Fuwa no Mi powers. Any changes in course must be relayed to Shiki for him to conduct the change in trajectory.
The Straw Hat Pirates do not have an official helmsman, though the most common people seen steering the ship are Nami, Usopp, or Chopper in his human form. However, Franky and Sanji have also been seen steering the Thousand Sunny many times. Jinbe of the Sun Pirates also has some skill at steering a ship.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 24 Chapter 222 and Episode 146, Jesus Burgess, the helmsman of the Blackbeard Pirate, debuts.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 25 Chapter 234 and Episode 151, Burgess is introduced as the helmsman of the Blackbeard Pirates.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 71 Chapter 704 and Episode 634, Burgess' new position is revealed.
- ↑ One Piece Movie 10, Shiki acting as the helmsman in addition to captain of the Golden Lion Pirates.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 56 Chapter 548 and Episode 451, Jinbe steering a hijacked Marines battleship.