Haruta has a crop of short brown hair, blue eyes, and is fairly short. He wears a green and white 16th century style ruffed outfit with white tights and carries a saber whose handguard resembles the ruffles of his shirt.
Haruta was loyal to Whitebeard, and wanted to save Ace at Marineford. Haruta cried when Ace died, showing that he cared for Ace.
Abilities and PowersEdit
As the commander of the 12th division of the Whitebeard Pirates, Haruta has authority over the lower-ranking subordinates. He is presumably very strong: this statement was bolstered when Jinbe remarked that all of the Whitebeard commanders have great strength.
Haruta wields a decorated saber with a purple hilt, and appears to prefer a fighting style based on agility and speed, rather than strength, as he was seen jumping around when performing attacks. One demonstration of Haruta's level of swordmanship is the fact that he is able to cut through steel.
Haruta joined along with the rest of the Whitebeard Pirates during the assault on Marineford in order to save Ace, and was one of the commanders who backed up Luffy when he was attacked by Admiral Kizaru and later helped in the assault of the Plaza. Haruta was seen crying when Admiral Akainu killed Ace and later appeared along side the rest of the Whitebeard division commanders to fight Akainu. This battle was never shown, but Haruta is shown to be unharmed later on. Upon the arrival of Shanks and Sengoku calling the war to a close, Haruta and the rest of Whitebeard's crew left.
Haruta, along with the rest of the crew, attended Whitebeard's and Ace's funeral at an undisclosed location somewhere in the New World.
One year after the war at Marineford, the remnants of the Whitebeard Pirates fought against the Blackbeard Pirates but ultimately lost. They went into hiding and have not been seen since their defeat.
- Whitebeard Pirates and their subordinate crews vs. the Marines and Shichibukai
- Whitebeard Pirates (under Marco) vs. Blackbeard Pirates (unseen, during timeskip)
- For several years, Haruta's gender was unknown to fans. In the anime, Haruta has a female voice actor. However, in an SBS Oda stated that no female members of the Whitebeard Pirates were at the battle of Marineford. 
- ↑ One Piece Blue Deep: Characters World (p. 139), Haruta's birthday is revealed.
- ↑ SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 58, The names of the 16 division commanders revealed.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 82 Chapter 820.
- ↑ SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 76 (p. 98), Oda states that no female Whitebeard Pirates were present at Marineford.