|Romanized Name:||Happō Suigun|
|Official English Name:||Happosui Army (Viz)|
|First Appearance:||Chapter 704; Episode 633|
|Captain:||Sai, Chinjao (former)|
|Total Bounty:||At least 100,000,000|
The Happo Navy is the naval fleet of Chinjao Family of the Flower Country. Chinjao was the 12th commander. Inside the Birdcage of Dressrosa he decided to leave the fleet to Sai turning him into the 13th commander. Under Sai, the Happo Navy is the Third Division of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet
Chinjao was the 12th commander of the Happo Navy, but after Vice Admiral Garp caused his famed drill-shaped head to cave in, he lost his legendary strength, and access to the vast fortune buried inside the Jewel Ice Sheet. Losing everything and left with a broken heart, he gave up on piracy, and retired.
His position as the commander succeeded by his grandson, Sai, while his other grandson, Boo, became the lieutenant.
While Chinjao was fighting Luffy at the Corrida Coliseum, Luffy dealt a strong blow on his head recovering his drill-shaped head once again.
After the fight, while Chinjao was struggling to thank Luffy for bringing his head back to its original shape. Chinjao said that he will put his grandson's Happo Navy Army under Luffy's wing as a token of gratitude.
After Sai defeated Lao G and bent Chinjao's restored drill-shaped head with a kick, Chinjao proudly stated that his grandson has inherited the Hasshoken's secret technique, and is now truly worthy of being the Happo Navy's captain.
As a fleet based in the New World, the Happo Navy boasts a fair amount of strength. They consist of a large fleet of ships, with the position of leader being passed down for 13 generations. The army was strong enough to survive an encounter with Vice Admiral Garp, and has amassed a great cove of treasure. The previous leader Chinjao was a famed pirate that carried an impressive bounty of over 500,000,000 in his prime. According to Orlumbus, they are a crew of about 1000 members.
The Happo Army's signature combat technique is the Hasshoken, which allows the user to emit vibrations in a physical strike, breaking through shields and defenses and inflicting heavy damage. The vibrations can be imbued in virtually any melee attacks, such as fists, elbows, and kicks and even the head. The technique can be used in conjunction with Busoshoku Haki for more devastating attacks. It is similar to one of the applications of the Gura Gura no Mi.
|Sai||Boo||Baby 5||Chinjao ‡|
|Straw Hat Grand Fleet|
- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
Translation and Dub IssuesEdit
- Happo (八宝 Happō?) literally means "Eight Treasures", which is derived from the Chinese name of the flower Sedum erythrostictum.
- The organization is known as a Navy (水軍 Suigun?), which is how the the Japanese, Chinese and Korean navy are or were named. This differentiates them from the Marines (海軍 Kaigun?).
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 71 Chapter 704 and Episode 633, Boo, Sai, and Chinjao debut.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 800.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 77 Chapter 771 (p. 14-21), Sai shows his complete inheritance of the Hasshoken against Chinjao and Lao G.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 71 Chapter 708 and Episode 637, when he was still a pirate, he had a bounty of over 500,000,000.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 799.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 72 Chapter 716 and Episode 646, Kelly, Sai and Gatz all refer Hasshoken as the Happo Army's and Flower Country's fighting style.