Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Guru Guru no Mi is a Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that allows the user to become a Rotation Human (回転人間 Kaiten Ningen?), creating propellers around their body giving them the ability of flight. It was eaten by Buffalo.
- "Guruguru" is the Japanese onomatopoeia for "turning round and round, going around in circles".
- In the Viz Manga and FUNimation subs, it is called the Spin-Spin Fruit.
Strengths and WeaknessesEdit
The Guru Guru no Mi grants its eater the power to transform any part of their body or piece of worn clothing into propellers capable of rotation at high speed. The force of the spinning is strong enough to enable propelled flight by the user over very long distances, to assist in the carrying or thrown launch of objects and other people, and to create powerful windstorms.
A person of sufficient strength can grab onto the user's rotational parts and stop the spinning. The user is also vulnerable to the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.
Buffalo mastered the Guru Guru no Mi to the point where he can turn his whole body into a mode of transportation. He also uses his power to execute team-attacks with his partner Baby 5, who uses her Buki Buki no Mi powers.
He also uses this to rapidly rotate his legs in a vertical fashion, allowing him to use them like rollerskates.
- Toppu: Matasaburo (突風 又三郎 Toppū: Matasaburō?, literally meaning "Gust: Matasaburo"): Buffalo spins around to create a gust of wind powerful enough to disperse Shinokuni. Matasaburo is a character from Kenji Miyazawa's story "Matasaburo of the Wind" (風の又三郎 Kaze no Matasaburō?), who can control and ride on wind. In the FUNimation subs, this is called Gust - Matasaburo.
- Guru Guru Toshaho (グルグル投射砲 Guru Guru Tōshahō?, literally meaning "Spin Spin Projectile Cannon"): After Baby 5 transforms into a large missile with her abilities, Buffalo spins his arms around his body to throw her against the enemy. The momentum and speed gained from the spinning, combined with Baby 5's ability to move in midair to dodge incoming enemy fire, makes this technique very hard to avoid and very powerful. It was used for the first time against Franky in his Franky Shogun. In the FUNimation subs, this is called Spin-Spin Projectile Cannon.
- Buffalo ate the Guru Guru no Mi at no older than age 17, as he was seen using its powers above the Birdcage on Minion Island.
- The Guru Guru no Mi is very similar to the Shari Shari no Mi, as both fruits revolve around rotation.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 70 Chapter 692 and Episode 618, Buffalo uses the Guru Guru no Mi for both flight and combat.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 70 Chapter 692, the fruit is named in Buffalo's manga infobox.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 75 Chapter 744 (p. 16), Kyros stopped Buffalo's head from rotating.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 70 Chapter 695.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 70 Chapter 693 and Episode 619, Buffalo uses Guru Guru Toshaho in conjuncture with Baby 5's Missile Girl.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 77 Chapter 767 (p. 5, 11), Buffalo shows that he has the Guru Guru no Mi powers at 17.
- Rotation - Wikipedia article on the property of this fruit.