Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Gol" comes from "gōrudo", the Japanese way to pronounce the word "gold".
The Gol Gol no Mi is a yellow-orange fruit that appears to resemble a combination of a gourd and a pineapple. It has a few leaves on top, and expands at the middle. Like all natural Devil Fruits, its surface is covered with swirling patterns. It is about the same size as the palm of Tesoro's hand.
Strengths and WeaknessesEdit
The user can manipulate gold into whatever shape they want; they are also capable of turning solid gold molten and vice versa. They are able to encase people in gold. The user is also able to cover their own skin in gold for increased power, to the point where they can turn into a massive gold golem.
The main weakness of this Devil Fruit power is that it cannot create gold and that its power is thus directly proportional to the amount of gold present in its user's surroundings.
Furthermore, the user can only manipulate gold that they have previously touched, and contact with sea water will instantly nullify that effect: gold constructs will crack and crumble, and the user will need to touch the gold once more before being able to manipulate it again. Other than that, the user is also affected by the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.
Tesoro can use this power to create huge fountains of liquid gold, trap his enemies, infuse gold dusts and flakes into other people's bodies and even slowly transform their skin into gold. He is also able to create armor gold for increased power and defense, to the point where he can turn into a massive gold golem. The gold is strong enough to withstand a slash from Zoro's swords. By showering his guests with gold dust when they enter his ship he is able to control the movements of everyone on-board and should he will it use the gold their bodies have absorbed to turn them into gold statues, cementing his authority in the city.
Since consuming his Devil Fruit he has been able to awaken its powers, furthering the range of his influence over gold and enabling him to use all of the gold in Gran Tesoro that he has touched as a complex sensory network. Through it he is able to detect attempted break-ins or attacks on the city. When utilizing large gold constructs he is also capable of unleashing focused light beams or explosive force through unknown means that have the power to destroy a Marine warship or critically injure an opponent from a single blow.
Twelve years ago, the fruit was auctioned by the Donquixote Pirates, though they had no intention of actually selling it. However, it was acquired by Tesoro, who sent criminals to kill many people at the venue.
- Enel used one of his Devil Fruit techniques called Gloam Paddling in a similar manner to this Devil Fruit's ability. Coincidentally, while Enel can used this technique to reshape any object made of metal, he used his golden staff and the gold on Ark Maxim.
- However, while Tesoro is capable of manipulating solid gold like it is liquid or semi-solid, Enel's ability requires him to melt, forge and then cool to do so. This is apparent by how the manipulated gold is in contact with the Straw Hats, but they weren't experiencing any burns, while when Luffy experienced burns when fighting against Enel.
- This Devil Fruit ability bears similarity to the mythical Midas Touch (also known as the Golden Touch) from Greek mythology, where a king gained the power to turn whatever he touched to gold, even unwillingly. Also to turn things back from gold, you had to put it in water which also nullifies Tesoro's powers.
- Many of the Gol Gol no Mi's abilities were mimicked by Gild Tesoro's subordinate Bill's Gutsu Gutsu no Mi, including:
- Coating his opponent in metal to make them living statues;
- Turning into a giant metal man.
- Ability to coat oneself in a metal armor, in order to enhance defense and offense.
- Able to make weapons and armor for allies to use.
- Incidentally, many of these abilities are also things that Galdino can use with his Doru Doru no Mi ability, but with wax instead of metal.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 One Piece Film: Gold Trailer
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 One Piece Movie 13, Gild Tesoro is revealed to have eaten the Gol Gol no Mi
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 http://www.onepiece-film2016.com/news/340.html
- ↑ One Piece Volume 777