|Goe Goe no Mi|
|Romanized Name:||Goe Goe no Mi|
|Usage Debut:||Movie 1|
The Goe Goe no Mi is a movie-only Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that allows the user to create beams of sound that look like energy beams by shouting. "Goe" is a variation of "koe" (声), meaning "voice" in Japanese. It was eaten by El Drago, the main antagonist in the first movie.
Strengths and WeaknessesEdit
The main (and only) strength of this fruit is that it allows the user to create powerful beams of sound that can destroy anything in its path.
This fruit does not seem to have any other weaknesses, aside from the standard Devil Fruit weakness. However, the sound wave seems to be reflect-able, as shown by Monkey D. Luffy, who was able to collect the blast with his rubber powers and slingshot it back at El Drago.
As shown by El Drago, he mainly shouts at his targets to use the sound blasts to destroy them. Before El Drago fires a sound blast, he emits a yellow aura. The aura's intensity changes depending on the power of the blast.
- This Devil Fruit power is reminiscent in appearance and effect to the Mouth Energy Waves used by certain characters in the Dragon Ball series.
- The beams of sound resemble the Thousand Sunny's Gaon Cannon (a beam of compressed air) and the Pacifista's laser beams (which are based on light instead of sound).
- This fruit's power is similar to Scratchmen Apoo's, as they both use sound as a weapon.
External Links Edit
- Voice - Wikipedia article on the human voice.
- Sound - Wikipedia article on the waves emitted by El Drago.
- Sonic Weapon - Wikipedia article on the type of weapon the fruit's power resembles.