- †: the character is deceased.
- *: the character's status is unknown. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
- ≠: the character is non-canon.
- ‡: the character is no longer part of this group. Hovering the symbol may give further details.
Over 100 years ago, the crew was once commanded by Jorl and Jarl. The two built a great reputation and were known as heroes of the giants. Eventually, they relinquished their position and Dorry and Brogy took over as captains.
According to Mr. 3 they terrorized the sea. As seen in flashbacks, they used two enormous Viking-style ships. One day Dorry and Brogy hunted down and killed two Sea Kings, which proved to be of equal size. Yuki, a little girl, asked them which Sea King was bigger, leading to an argument between the leaders.
The rest of the crew left the captains to fight it out on Little Garden. However, they were hunted down and captured by the World Government and sentenced to be executed. However, during their execution at Marineford, a human named Sister Carmel intervened, claiming that killing the crew would start a war between giants and humans. The pirates were granted a stay of execution and returned to Elbaf.
After fifty years, Oimo and Kashi tried to return for them but were captured by the Marines and tricked into the service of the World Government. Eventually, they were told the truth by Usopp, who had met with the two captains earlier, and the two immediately defected from their deceivers and escaped. They returned to Elbaf, knowing that their captains were still fighting.
At some point, Hajrudin banded with four other giants in the hope of reviving the crew. After the battle on Dressrosa, he asked if the fledgling crew could become subordinates of the Straw Hat Pirates. Although Luffy refused, he nevertheless accepted them as comrades and friends, to which Hajrudin and the others drank to.
The Stories of the Self-Proclaimed Straw Hat Grand FleetEdit
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 15 Chapter 129 and Episode 78, The original Giant Warrior Pirates are seen.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 One Piece Manga — Vol. 80 Chapter 799, Hajrudin asked to become a subordinate under Luffy on behalf on the to-be Giant Warrior Pirates.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 One Piece Manga — Vol. 86 Chapter 866.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 80 Chapter 800, Hajrudin and the other six representatives drank to Luffy.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 80 Chapter 803 (p. 11), Hajrudin leave the Dispatch Society
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Chapter 895, cover story: The Stories of the Self-Proclaimed Straw Hat Grand Fleet Vol. 27.