|The following article has no or few references to the official sources.|
|Romanized Name:||Kaigun Gurando Rain Dai-Hachi Shibu|
|Debut:||Movie 4; Episode 195|
G-8, also known as Navarone, is a non-canon Marine Base with buildings along the coast and the most important ones are being held in a rock formation in the middle of the cape. The only way to enter and exit is through a large gate blocking the cape. It is the main setting of the G-8 Arc, in which the Straw Hat Pirates have to find their way out of the base.
The Marines of G-8 and Navarone are fiercely proud of their base and island and berate those who undermine its importance. However, the base is "peace crazy"; it is one of the most heavily defended and armed of the marine bases (the main base alone sports a total of 108 cannons ), yet sees very little trouble. This has got to the point that the first four rules of G-8 marines involve eating one's meals completely.
- Straw Bridge: a bridge leading from the coast to the center.
- Devils Snare: an area of the bay, filled with cliffs that can capture any ship when there is low tide.
|Hot Wind Marines||Combat Unit||Active|
Unnamed Chief Petty OfficerEdit
A Marine Chief Petty Officer working alongside Lieutenant Drake. He has curly black hair and a mustache. He seems to hate carrots and tomatoes. He first appears in the fourth movie and then appears for a second time in the G-8 Arc. He is voiced by Tetsu Inada in Japanese; in English, he is voiced by Todd Haberkorn during the G-8 Arc.
Being an anime-only character, he is seen standing alongside Vice Admiral Jonathan and other marine officers during the gathering at Marineford in preparation for the battle with Whitebeard. This scene is not present in the manga.
He is a Marine who tried to capture the Straw Hat Pirates and stopping them from recovering their gold. He was defeated by Usopp. Later, Shepherd showed up to catch the Straw Hats. He tried to warn Shepherd not to underestimated the Straw Hats; but Shepherd insulted him and his group. He was first shown showing Vice Admiral Jonathan the books on the Going Merry. He first appeared in Episode 196.
- This base was shown in the fourth movie.
- G-8, if pronounced, is gate, possibly because the base is so well fortified, or because the only way in or out is through a gate.
- G-8's soldiers have their own military cadence (jody), alluding to the base's fortifications: "I don't know but I've been told, Being a Marine will never get old. G-8 gotta keep things right, if you don't listen we'll use our might. If they're dumb enough to come near, bad guys always run in fear.", which is sung at the beginning of the G-8 arc and its end by the patrols, set to the melody of the USMC running cadence made famous by Full Metal Jacket. However, due to the peacefulness of Navarone, and being at night, the cadence is sung at marching speed instead of running.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 196, In the Japanese version and the German dub, the G-8 Jody cadence refers to the number of cannons of G-8 while the main island is shown up close with them.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 196, The patrols on Straw Bridge sing the G-8 Jody at marching speed before discussing the base's bad popularity.