| Ahoy! This here is the 79th Featured Article.
"Franky" has been featured, meaning it was chosen as an article of interest.
|Debut:||Chapter 329; Episode 233|
|Affiliations:||Straw Hat Pirates; Franky Family (former); Tom's Workers (former)|
|Occupations:||Shipwright; Dismantler; Underworld boss (former); Pirate|
|Epithet:||"Cyborg" Franky ("鉄人（サイボーグ）"フランキー Saibōgu Furankī?)|
|Real Name:||Cutty Flam (カティ・フラム Kati Furamu?)|
36 (after timeskip)
|Birthday:||March 9th |
|Height:||225cm (7'5½") (debut)
240cm (7'10½") (after timeskip)
|Japanese VA:||Kazuki Yao,
Junko Noda (young)
|Funi English VA:||Patrick Seitz,
Terri Doty (young),
Greg Ayres (young, Unlimited Adventure)
Franky is the shipwright for the Straw Hat Pirates. He is a 36-year-old cyborg from Water 7 and was introduced in the story as the leader of the Franky Family, a group of ship dismantlers. He was originally named "Cutty Flam" until he threw away his original name for his nickname per the request of Iceburg to hide his identity. Franky and his followers were originally introduced as antagonists of the Water 7 Arc against the Straw Hats until circumstances forced them to become allies. At the request of the Franky Family, Franky was allowed to join the Straw Hats to fulfill his dream of creating and riding a ship capable of circum-navigating the world, the Thousand Sunny. He is the eighth member of the Straw Hat crew and the seventh to join Luffy's crew. He is also the second member to have been a former antagonist (the first being Nico Robin). He has a bounty of 44,000,000. He is originally from South Blue  which he left 32 years ago as a kid of four years of age.
Before the TimeskipEdit
As a direct result of the modifications that he conducted upon himself as well as the years spent as a ship dismantler, bounty hunter, and street thug in Water 7, Franky is a powerfully built man with a height of at least seven feet, making him the second-tallest member of the Straw Hat crew. His forearms are relatively enormous while his biceps are comparably small. He has brightly-colored blue hair and blue star tattoos on his forearms. His choice of clothing usually comprises of a speedo, which causes people to call him a pervert, and an open loud Hawaiian "Aloha" shirt with a large golden chain necklace around his neck.
During his first appearance in the Water 7 Arc, Franky wore a masked costume as a disguise. After discarding this disguise, for the rest of the arc all the way up to the end of the Post-Enies Lobby Arc, he wore a red Hawaiian shirt, with lime green palm trees decorating it.
During the Thriller Bark Arc, Franky wore a yellow shirt with purple trident-like symbols on the sides and a large one on back.
Near the end of the previous arc all the way up to the Sabaody Archipelago Arc, Franky switched to wearing a purple verison of his Hawaiian shirt.
During the Straw Hats separation, Franky wore a red coat to protect himself from the cold while on Barujimoa, But after blowing up Vegapunk's laboratory, the skin on his face was burned off, revealing his exoskeleton underneath, which he covered up with a tiger skin rug.
He also has a pair of sunglasses, which he usually wears when things start to get serious.
After the TimeskipEdit
Franky's hair is now controllable, and can change different styles instantly by pushing his nose for more than three seconds.
He also has two stitch-mark scars on his torso running down from the back of his neck indicating that he had sewn his skin back on, making it seem more than likely that he has finally fashioned his metal endoskeleton to wrap around his entire body, and not just his visible front (since the initial operation to become BF-36 was done by himself, he could not do work on his own backside).
His shoulders, torso, and arms are also much bigger than before, and with studded hands that look almost robotic in appearance, but he also revealed that inside of his huge arms he still has a set of normal-sized robotic hands. He now appears to be wearing metal rigged suspenders. He has replaced his elbows with large, light blue hinges, his shoulders with a large red ball and socket joint with "BF-37" written on them, and his forearms with large, light blue cubes, with his trademark star tattoo being split by an edge.These new features house upgrades he gave himself during the timeskip.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 35 Chapter 335 (p. 14) and Episode 237, Franky is introduced.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 45 Chapter 435 (p. 19) and Episode 320, Franky receives a wanted poster as well after assisting the Straw Hats in attacking Enies Lobby.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 36 Chapter 346 (p. 12) and Episode 244, Lucci learns Franky's original name through Iceburg's pulse.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 37 Chapter 353, Franky 22 years before his introduction was 12.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 61 Chapter 598 and Episode 517, two years pass in the storyline.
- ↑ SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 43, fan question: What are the birthdays of the Water 7 and CP9 characters?
- ↑ One Piece Yellow: Grand Elements, the Straw Hat Pirates' pre-timeskip heights are given.
- ↑ One Piece Blue Deep: Characters World (p. 148), Franky's post-timeskip height is given.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 38 Chapter 358 (p. 8) and Episode 250, Franky is requested by Iceburg to replace his name from Cutty Flam to Franky.
- ↑ One Piece Manga — Vol. 45 Chapter 439 (p. 1), Chapter title designates that Franky is the seventh.
- ↑ One Piece Anime — Episode 385, Franky states that he's originally from the South Blue.
- ↑ One Piece Manga and Anime — Vol. 35 Chapter 329 (p. 11) and Episode 233, Franky is first seen disguised.